facebook

Angular 10 / tsconfig “Solution Style” (typescript 3.9) & experimentalDecorator

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

brabenetz
    Participant

Hi,

since a week, or so, there is a new major Angular Version (10.0) which uses a new tsconfig.json structure “Solution Style” from typescript 3.9.

In my service classes I get the error “Experimental support for decorators is a feature that is subject to change in a future release. Set the ‘experimentalDecorators’ option in your ‘tsconfig’ or ‘jsconfig’ to remove this warning.”.

But the flag is already set in tsconfig-base.json:
    tsconfig.json => references tsconfig.app.json => extends tsconfig.base.json

I assume codemix doesn’t support the new version for now, am I right?

It is easy to reproduce: Just create a new app with the angualr cli:

> npm install -g @angular/cli@latest
    > ng new my-app
    > ng generate service my-service
    => delete the “my-service.service.spec.ts” file. (For some unknown reason, I only get the warning if there is no spec file)

I also got the error in current current VS-Code 1.46.1 with typescript 3.9.4
    But the settings.json worked in VS-Code ( From https://ihatetomatoes.net/how-to-remove-experimentaldecorators-warning-in-vscode/ ):

{
        // allow experimentalDecorators - https://ihatetomatoes.net/how-to-remove-experimentaldecorators-warning-in-vscode/
        "javascript.implicitProjectConfig.experimentalDecorators": true
    }

BTW.: Modifying the tsconfig.json (duplicate config by adding compilerOptions ) or adding a jsconfig.json did not help at all.

But this settings.json didn’t worked in Eclipse Code-Mix ./vscode/settings.json (Maybe version update would help?).

Is the Problem known?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by brabenetz.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by brabenetz.
    #660608 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with Angular 10 projects. I am afraid we do not fully support the Angular 10’s new tsconfig structure with CodeMix yet. The dev team is looking into it.

For your reported problem, I could get rid of the error by selecting project specific TypeScript version instead of the one provided by CodeMix engine. In the CodeMix editor, invoke Ctrl+Shift+P to open the Command Palette window, then type : TypeScript and double click on TypeScript:Select TypeScript Version and choose ‘Use Workspace Version’ provided by the project. Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.

Once done, the project will be revalidated and you should see the error go away. If the error is still displayed, then please restart the IDE and check if it works.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Angular 10 / tsconfig “Solution Style” (typescript 3.9) & experimentalDecorator

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in