facebook

Angular CodeLive layering issues

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fedor Losev
    Participant

1) Hover magic wand tooltips are obscured by fixed elements with z-index > 1100
    2) Shows nothing when clicking on the “Open the CodeLive panel”

#582576 Reply

support-swapna

Fedor,

Sorry that you are seeing problems with CodeLive. I could not replicate the problem with ‘Open the CodeLive’ panel at my end.

1. Can you please share with us more details about the project? A screenshot of the project’s structure from the explorer view and the CodeLive panel will be helpful. If you are running the application on a different browser other than Chrome, then please share with us the browser details as well.

2. Can you please also clarify if you are seeing this problem with any Angular project in the workspace? Switch to a new workspace, create a simple Angular project and check if the issue persists.

3. Do you see any errors being logged in the Terminal+ view when starting the AngularCLI server? If yes, then please share with us the error details along with the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#582578 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Fedor,

1) I’m assuming you have the problem if the tooltips and fixed elements are at the same co-ordinates on screen? As Swapna stated, a screenshot would be helpful.

2) Does this problem only occur when you have the above situation, or has it stopped working in general? Is the button actually clickable – any errors logged?

#582610 Reply

Fedor Losev
    Participant

It seems that codelive uses some arbitrary z-index to render itself, and content high z-index elements are obscuring it (now I see that this is also true for the codelive toolbar itself).

In general, dev tool windows should use layers just a bit lower than 32b int max.

The screenshot is attached (new workspace / new project with latest update).

Btw., the bar still can’t be moved and is obscuring the UI under development, so I keep it off most of the time anyway.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #582780 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Fedor,

I guess nobody thought about z-index values > 1000 🙂 🙁

Thank for the screenshot, makes it quite clear what the problem is – I’ll file a bug and we’ll take a look at what can be done. Thank you for the report.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Angular CodeLive layering issues

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in