facebook

Angular ide 2017 installation stuck after restart on splash window

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

vasyl.yarmamedov
    Participant

Environment – ubuntu 18.04, x64. Tried with oracle jdk 1.8 171, 172. Openjdk-1.8_171.
    When installing into existing eclipse or as a independent Angular ide product, after eclipse restarts splash window comes up saying “hello! welcome to angular” After i click “Next” button on this window it switches to Tweek tab where “next” button is “disabled”. And i cannot pass this point.
    Atached are thread dump at the point when it stuck and log file till the point when it stuck executing command eclipse -consoleLog -debug 2>&1 | tee eclipse_1.log

export SWT_GTK3=0 was done and as you can see i do not get any glib/gtk errors in the log.

#586626 Reply

vasyl.yarmamedov
    Participant

files did not get attached in original post

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #586669 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for installing AngularIDE.
    In the Tweak tab, you must select the option under the ‘Angular Expertise’ section and then choose the timeline for the ‘Next’ button to be enabled. Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.

If you are still seeing issues, then please share with us the screenshot to help us get a visual.

Let us know how you get on with it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Attachments:
    #586706 Reply

Johannes
    Participant

This is REALLY a bad user interface. Took me a few re-installations of eclipse and research in the net to get it running. This type of selection is not at all intuitive!

#586722 Reply

support-swapna

Johannes,

Sorry that you had trouble with the UI design. I have raised a bug for the dev team to improve the Welcome dialog experience.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any issues with Angular IDE.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#586731 Reply

vasyl.yarmamedov
    Participant

Hmm, i new there is more on this screen then i actually see – my screen shot is in attached file – all options are chopped of and not visible. Why this window shows like in the screen shot?

Attachments:
    #586734 Reply

Johannes
    Participant

Maybe you have some large fonts or a HD screen or so.
    But IMHO the design of this page is not really good. i did not even recognize there is something to be clicked – but my screen was ok.

#586743 Reply

support-swapna

vasyl.yarmamedov,

Thank you for the screenshot. The dev team is looking into it.
    Are you able to even select any of those options though partially visible? Does the timeline combo appear when you can select one of the options?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We will try to fix this problem soon.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#586786 Reply

vasyl.yarmamedov
    Participant

Hi,

Once i new what to look i found that when mouse hover over highlighted area (in attached screenshot) pointer changes shape to hand. Once i clicked in selected area “Next” button become available and i could move forward.
    I did not encounter other problems so far.

Thanks for prompt help and let me know if your developers need more info troubleshoot this issue (i do use 4k monitor)

Attachments:
    #587088 Reply

support-swapna

vasyl.yarmamedov,

Glad that you could proceed with the setup.
    A bug is filed for the dev team to work on it. We will surely get back to you in case we need more details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Angular ide 2017 installation stuck after restart on splash window

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in