facebook

angular-ide causes path issues with WebClipse?

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

chander.ganesan
    Participant

I’m using WebClipse for an angular 5 project. I recently upgraded to Angular 6 and find now that the PATH causes the “ng” command in angular-ide to be found before the @angular/cli version of the same command.

I’ve upgraded all the dependencies, and when I run the “ng” command referenced in node_modules/.bin , everything works perfectly.

However, via Eclipse the project seems to run the wrong command, and I get this error:

$ ng serve
    module.js:557
        throw err;
        ^

Error: Cannot find module '/Users/xxx/eclipse-workspace/ft/node_modules/@angular/cli/ember-cli/lib/cli/cli'
        at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:555:15)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:482:25)
        at Module.require (module.js:604:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/xxx/eclipse-workspace/ft/node_modules/angular-ide/bin/ng:39:19)
        at Module._compile (module.js:660:30)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:671:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:573:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:513:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:505:3)</blockquote>

This seems due to the fact that when running webclipse the path is set to include the path to angular-ide (which has it’s own ng command) rather than angular-cli .

If I do a npm install -g @angular/cli then things will work – but I shouldn’t need to update the global install…

#585248 Reply

support-swapna

Chander,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem. Thank you for reporting it.
    We are working on putting out a release with Angular 6 support shortly. We will keep you posted about it.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#587092 Reply

support-swapna

Chander,

We released an update for Webclipse, CI 12 last week which supports Angular 6 projects.
    Please update to CI 12 from Help > Webclipse > Check for Updates and let us know how the Angular 6 support works for you.

Appreciate your feedback.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#587100 Reply

asif436
    Participant

I’m having a path issue in angular ide as well. I stumble upon your post here and the date on your post is 21st May…
    I followed your steps but the last update for ide is — cl-11b
    here is my version of angulat ide 2017
    Angular IDE 2017 CI 17.0.0.c0000020t201805170400 package.8731-Eaq-4565.windows.x86_64 null
    I’m able to run nodeserver fine from command promppt
    Error
    Error: Cannot find module ‘C:\development\cloud\workspace\PROJECT_NAME\node_modules\@angular\cli\ember-cli\lib\cli\cli’
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:547:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:474:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:596:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> (C:\development\cloud\workspace\PROJECT_NAME\node_modules\angular-ide\bin\ng:37:19)
    at Module._compile (module.js:652:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:663:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:565:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)

#587120 Reply

support-swapna

Asif,

Sorry that you are this issue.

From the timestamp in the details you shared, it looks like the Angular IDE is updated.
    Can you please restart the IDE, go to Window > Preferences > Webclipse and check if it mentions 2017 CI 12?

If it is still not updated, then :

1. please send us a screenshot of the Help > Check for Updates (click on the arrow sign to see the last update date) for further investigation.

2. Share with us the workspace log by clicking on the ‘Export Log’ icon in the Error Log view to help us verify if there are any errors/exceptions when applying the update.

3. Also share with us the Version and Build Id from the Window > Preferences > Webclipse page.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#591449 Reply

john_price
    Participant

I having the same issue:

ng -v (which produces the same error in eclipse, so ran from node.js CMD)
    Node.js version: v8.9.1
    NPM version: 5.5.1

Version 2017 CI 12a
    build ID: 1.11.0.201805291139
    Enable Auto Updates is ticked:

On starting:

[PATH]/node_modules/angular-ide/bin/ng serve –port=4200 –live-reload=true –webclipse-launch-id=6521828566307058300
    module.js:538
    throw err;
    ^

Error: Cannot find module ‘[PATH]\node_modules\@angular\cli\ember-cli\lib\cli\cli’
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:536:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:466:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:579:17)
    at Object.<anonymous> ([PATH]\node_modules\angular-ide\bin\ng:37:19)
    at Module._compile (module.js:635:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:646:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:554:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:497:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:489:3)

#591527 Reply

support-swapna

John,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please clarify if you are working with a newly created Angular CLI 6 project or is the project upgraded to work with Angular CLI 6?

If you have upgraded the project to work with Angular CLI 6, then can you please also recheck if the angular-ide module version in the project’s package.json (devDependencies section) is the latest i.e ^0.9.41?

If it is pointing to an older version, then please update it to 0.9.41, run npm install to update the project and check if it fixes the path problem.

If the above suggestion does not work, then please share with us the project’s package.json file for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with this problem.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: angular-ide causes path issues with WebClipse?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in