facebook

Angular IDE stup asks for JDK (I have it!)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

takhirm
    Participant

I have set up JRE and JDK locally, and the path to the last one is:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_112

I have also updated PATH system variable to point to that location. I have even added JAVA_HOME variable to that location. And still angular.ide exe asks for JDK or JRE, and looks it in \jre folder of setup. What am I doing wrong to let it be installed successfully?

#505392 Reply

support-swapna

takhirm,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please check if Angular IDE and the JDK are both compatible i.e both should be 64 bit or 32 bit depending on the the version of Angular IDE you installed.

Can you please clarify if you have pointed the PATH to the bin directory of the JDK/JRE folder?

If you have multiple versions of Java installed on your machine, then its possible that an incompatible version of Java is being picked up.

Alternatively, you can also add the -vm argument to the angularide.ini (located in the Angular IDE install folder) pointing to the correct Java path.If the Angular IDE is a 32 bit install, then point to java install/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll. For 64 bit install, point to java install/bin/javaw.exe.

If you are still seeing issues, please let us know what exact error you are seeing when running the angularide.exe.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#505924 Reply

takhirm
    Participant

I copied the whole jre bin folder to the location it asks for. Now, when I try to run the IDE exe file, simply nothing happens. Silence. No errors, popups, windows… Nothing. Is it a raw product?

#505987 Reply

support-swapna

takhirm,

Sorry that you are still seeing problems.

The launcher first looks into the .ini file for any explicit specification of where the java is. If there is no specification using the -vm then the launcher looks in the system PATH variable to get the installed java path.This is how the launchers work and Eclipse/AngularIDE launcher is no different.

Copying the JRE folder is not needed though we are not sure what exact error you saw the first time when running the exe.

Can you please clarify if you have set the JAVA_HOME and system PATH as below :

JAVA_HOME to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_112 and PATH to %JAVA_HOME%\bin

You can recheck if a compatible java version is on the system path by running the below command from the command prompt.

java -version

You should see output similar to this depending on the version i.e 32 bit or 64 bit :

java version "1.8.0_111"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)

For Windows, in the PATH variable, there is an entry C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath. Go to that path and check if the shortcuts to executables are pointing to the installed Java path.

Alternatively, as suggested in my previous response, you can add the -vm argument to the angularide.ini (located in the Angular IDE install folder) pointing to the correct Java path.If the Angular IDE is a 32 bit install, then point to 32bitjavainstall/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll. For 64 bit install, point to 64bitjavainstall/jre/bin/javaw.exe. The launcher will pick up the jvm path from the angularide.ini file.

-vm
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_111\bin\javaw.exe

If you are still seeing issues, please run the angularide.exe from command prompt and share with us the contents of the console window for further investigation.

angularide.exe -console

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Angular IDE stup asks for JDK (I have it!)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in