facebook

Ant Editor Issue [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Matt Bucknam
    Participant

After installing the 260 upgrade when I try to open a build.xml file I get an error message, “Unable to create part: Ant Editor”. After this dialog is dismissed, there is an Ant Editor tab in the editor window but it is blank except for a message in red text, “An error has occurred when creating this editor”

I can open build.xml files with other editors.

#198080 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Can you provide basic environment information to allow us to research this further? Please provide the information in this thread:

http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=394

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#198082 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

As an initial test, I opened a build file on my recently upgraded v2.6.0 test environment and the Ant editor opened correctly and had full code assist capabilities.

In addition to posting your environment information here, as requested in the “Posting Guidelines” announcement, I’d also suggest that you close all perspectives, and restart Eclipse to see if the problem is remedied by that. It’s important that you close all the perspectives as this causes Eclipse to clean up its UI state.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#198089 Reply

Matt Bucknam
    Participant

Sorry for not providing more information. As a developer I know better than that. I did what Scott suggested and when I re-opened Eclipse it worked perfectly so problem fixed.

Sorry for wasting your time. I love this product. I Just upgraded my subscription and it is the best 29.95 I’ve spent in a long time. And, my boss was looking for a good IDE and I sold him on it too. Our company will probably standardize on an IDE at some point and I would think that Eclipse + MyEclipse is the frontrunner.

Thanks for your quick help — it definitely means a lot to your loyal user community.

Keep up the good work!

#198093 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

It’s no problem at all. We’re glad you’re up and running effectively. Also, thanks very much for “selling” your boss and talking us up internally. With our price point we really can’t afford to advertise very much so word of mouth from a happy user base is really what gets the word out. We appreciate all help in this regard, seriously.

Don’t forget to check out our group subscription options when it’s “time”. 🙂

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Ant Editor Issue [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in