facebook

Any ETA for Mac GA 3.8.3

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Ralph Mace
    Participant

Is there any ETA for the MAC version of 3.8.3? Just wondering.

#222283 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

It will be out when the first QuickFix for 3.8.3 comes out. Should be late next week.

#222465 Reply

Brice Ruth

Will you post a reply to this topic so we can be notified when it comes out? In general, is there something I can be subscribed to to be notified of new releases and updates?

Thanks, Scott!

#222493 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

In general, is there something I can be subscribed to to be notified of new releases and updates?

Yes, you can. We have a newsletter that goes out immediately with each new release and you can subscribe to it under Member Services > Account Management on the portal (here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/user.php).

#222755 Reply

jsissom

Is this release still on target?

Thanks
    Jay

#222761 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jay,

Actually, what we decided to do was regroup everything at 3.8.4 with all the fixes since we’re only a couple of weeks away anyway. That will save everyone multiple upgrades while resyncing the versions. Thanks for your patience. The Mac build will definately be available.

#222816 Reply

While I understand that the Eclipse bug was out of your hands, I feel it was a disservice to Mac users to release 3.8.3 without Mac support. For those of us doing enterprise development in a mixed platform environment, it is crucial to be able to depend on MyEclipse to support Windows, Mac and Linux simultaneously. When 3.8.3 was released for Windows and Linux but not for the Mac, it was disappointing, but since the Mac version was promised “in approximately one week”, we decided to deploy on Windows and Linux and live with the disparity on the Mac platform for a week. Now that week has slipped to 4+ weeks, and we’re looking at another 2 weeks for 3.8.4.

While I commend your efforts and appreciate the fast pace of development, I feel the 3.8.3 release should have been made without the features that were not ready across all three platforms. I hope in the future that no releases are made that are not ready on all platforms.

#222820 Reply

John Green

I am responsible for a development team that uses a mixed environment of Linux and Mac OS X. As IronDuck did above, I too would like to stress how important it is to me that the Mac verion is kept up to date with the other versions.

That said, your plug-in does work quite well on all our Macs here. The multi-platform support was perhaps the main reason we went with MyEclipse, so please keep it up.

#222882 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Just an update. Since we accelerated the schedule for 3.8.4 there won’t be a 3.8.3 fix for the Mac since the 3.8.4 release is now quite close. Release 3.8.4 will begin going through rigourous QA today so we expect to have a release in about a week for *all* platforms. Thanks for hanging in there while we addressed the issues on the Mac and several other problems.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Any ETA for Mac GA 3.8.3

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in