facebook

App Center Builder Availability Concerns

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Feedback & Suggestions
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

KonyanHau
    Participant

Hi Wayne,

We have encountered a failure in App Center Builder, which have affect our plan in generating native app to our clients, this also alerted my concerns as follows:-

1. Is it we must access App Center Builder to generate native app?
    If yes, what is Mobione commitments on the following issues:
    – What availability level on App Center Builder will Mobione provide?
    – Will Mobione dis-continue to provide App Center Builder service for what ever reasons?

2. I have noticed some developers already developed 500+ apps, for what ever reason Mobione stop provides App Center Builder service, all our development efforts and products will become useless, is this assumption correct?
    – Is there any measure that Mobione will protect our development & investment?
    – Is there any option to purchase the App Center Builder, Designer Center or Test Center?

I am looking forward on your reply.

Regards,

Richard Hau

#341928 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

>1. Is it we must access App Center Builder to generate native app?

Presently, this is a qualified yes. App Center Builder uses cordova/phonegap with a small set of customized plugins. It is possible to build apps locally using the iOS and/or android SDKs – but not easy. We are currently evolving our mobile tools such that developers will soon have the choice to use App Center Builder or perform local builds.

Also from the recent outage we found a previously unknown weakness in the architecture that affected our build servers. We learned from that issue and making some key improvements.

>2. I have noticed some developers already developed 500+ apps, for what ever reason Mobione stop provides App Center Builder service, all our development efforts and products will become useless, is this assumption correct?

We think App Center is great. We implemented App Center Builder as a convenience to eliminate the requirement for users to have special hardware and SDKs (e.g., iOS apps can only be built on mac/OSX) to build native apps. As I mentioned we are enabling MobiOne such that developers can opt to build apps locally.

App Center imposes a 50Mb limit on apps that it will build and handle. This is not an arbitrary limit. 50Mb is the max size iOS app that can be distributed over the air. Competitively this limit is 2-3X larger capacity than other cloud build services.
    <opinion>Also it encourages developers to think about efficiency. Its frustrating to get a complaint about a 500+ screen app packed with a crap load of massive media files and fat images that runs like a dog on the fastest device…</opinion>

App life-cycle and distribution management is something we have hinted at recently and will soon be sharing more details on our plans. We recognize that many developers and organizations desire more that the current App Center hosting and size limitations. Also we are expanding our mobile tools and services into our MyEclipse enterprise IDE that includes web and server side tools including DB and web services dev features.

I hope this is helpful.

#342041 Reply

robert65

Hi Guys, what has previously been said in this post has already went through my head and probably others too, I have been using Mobione pre app builder service but it does raise concerns for the users who do not use code,it seems every weekend now we can expect a hang up in the system, never known before, the fear for most, including myself will be the what if’s and what I mean is who will build our apps built on Mobione, most people have and enjoyed the simplicity of your service but now the worry is if we all need to rebuild on another system, is there any assurance that the apps we all enjoy making are safe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: App Center Builder Availability Concerns

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in