facebook

app won’t appear in gapdebug ui

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ufk
    Participant

hello.
    I’m using OSX 10.10.1
    I installed gapdebug and started it.
    I added the needed configuration to AndroidManifest.xml and config.xml as advised in the documentation
    I compiled my phonegap app using ‘phonegap build android’
    i installed the apk on my galaxy note 2 with android 4.1.2.

the google chrome version that I have installed on my OSX is Version 39.0.2171.71 (64-bit)

When i started the android app on my phone while it’s connected to my laptop with usb debugging turned on,
    i was able to install the debug version of the apk using the ui, but when I started it, the gapDebug ui didn’t detect that the application is running. what am i missing ?

#353008 Reply

Hi,

It sounds like the issue is with the device. GapDebug requires Android 4.4 or greater to be installed for debugging.

Here is a reference page you can view requirements and setup.
    https://www.genuitec.com/products/gapdebug/learning-center/configuration/

Thanks

#353015 Reply

ufk
    Participant

that was exactly the issue.
    i tried a friend’s phone with android 4.4 and it worked. so for now i’m working with the genymotion android virtual machine since it’s supported out of the box with gapdebug.

thank you very much.

#353020 Reply

Hi,

Great to hear you are up and running. We like the GenyMotion workaround and will share that with users.

Don’t forget to give us a shoutout on Twitter! @Genuitec @GapDebug !

Take care.

#353181 Reply

kstolker

I seem to have the same issue, but I *CAN* debug Chrome tabs on my device. Does that make sense?

#353186 Reply

support-vadim
    Participant

Hi kstolker

> I seem to have the same issue, but I *CAN* debug Chrome tabs on my device. Does that make sense?

Yes, it makes sense if your Android version is < 4.4. There are 2 possible WebView component implementations for Android: legacy one and Chrome one. GapDebug and other JS/HMTL/CSS debuggers can debug Chrome WebView only. Prior to Android 4.4 all PhoneGap apps used legacy WebView, so these apps can’t be debugged by GapDebug. Google Chrome always uses own WebView component, so it could be debugged for any Android version (starting from first one supported by Chrome itself, Android 3.0). PhoneGap apps can be debugged starting from Android 4.4. For developers that do not have access to an Android 4.4+ device we have been recommending use of the Genymotion Android emulator. This is what we use for such situations.

Regards,
    Vadim Ridosh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: app won’t appear in gapdebug ui

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in