facebook

app won't appear in gapdebug ui after successful install (with android 5.0.1)

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

ufk
    Participant

Hello.
    I have Galaxy Note 4 with android 5.0.1, i inserted the debuggable flag in AndroidManifest.xml and then uploaded the debug version to my phone using the gapdebug UI. the application executes but then it’s not listed in the gapdebug ui so i can’t debug anything.

using latest GapDebug on osx 10.10.5
    enabled usb debugging in my phone

any ideas ?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by ufk.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by ufk.
    #398255 Reply

ufk
    Participant

under genymotion emulator it works properly. why not in my phone ?

#398285 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing this info. We are working to provide an update asap. Will update this thread as soon as we have a fix available.

#398350 Reply

ufk
    Participant

thank you so much! 🙂

#447940 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We just posted a beta-2 that includes a fix for the Android debugging issue.
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/gapdebug-2015-update-5-2-1-0-beta-2-available/

We are shooting to have a production update ready by end of week if all goes well.

#451419 Reply

ufk
    Participant

now after installing the dev gapdebug version, i see the notice in gapdebug ui:
    snapshot and app launching are disabled Configuration required.

I have a different problem that I encountered with the previous version as well…
    When i try to configure anything.. and press ok
    i get GapDebug is unable to locate the chrome executable.

i tried re-locating the Google Chrome browser but the error persists.

any ideas?

using MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
    OSX Yosemite 10.10.5
    Google Chrome v44.0.2403.155 64 bit

#451423 Reply

wayne

@ufk

>i tried re-locating the Google Chrome browser but the error persists.

Yikes! Let me run a few more tests to see if there is a bug in the chrome executable setting validation code.

In the meantime would you please send your GapDebug log file found at ~/.gapdebug/runtime/.metadata/.log to
    wayne at genuitec dot com. If it is too big to send in mail please upload to google docs and send me the url

>now after installing the dev gapdebug version, i see the notice in gapdebug ui:
    snapshot and app launching are disabled Configuration required.

Lastly, this is a new configuration requirement for the snapshot feature to enable on ios, not an error. GapDebug needs access to the XCode ios device support directory in order for the snapshot and app launching features to be available on ios devices. Only those 2 features are N/A if the device support directory is not configured.

#451428 Reply

ufk
    Participant

Hi. thank you for the quick response.
    i sent the log file to the email requested.

i still experience the following issue:

after properly installing and running the app on my note4, my note4 device disappears from the list
    of devices and i can’t debug anything.. i need to disconnect and reconnect the cable for it to appear again.

now i can see the executed app on the gapdebug ui list but when I click on it i see the following message:
    One moment while we update the Android debugging tools.
    loading: (file of )

still can’t debug.
    thank you.
    kfir

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by ufk.
    #451436 Reply

wayne

Thx for the additional details.
    As you report the Android (Chrome) dev tools are not loading when you select an android app for debugging.

What happens when you open this url https://chrome-devtools-frontend.appspot.com/serve_rev/@186555/devtools.html ? If all is well, then you should see the dev tools open with no app data. This URL is the same that GapDebug is loading when you see the “One moment. Updating Android …”

#451437 Reply

ufk
    Participant

Hi.
    when I opened the provided URL i got the dev tools with no app data

I retried debugging my application again and now
    when I saw the page “One moment while we update the Android debugging tools.” it actually worked and i saw the progress of files being installed.

now i see the devtools screen but after a few seconds i get the following message:
    App Connection Lost

Inspector can not continue. Please close and open a new Inspector.

i tried several times but with the same results
    I tried replacing the cable that connects my phone to the computer to make sure that the disconnection issues are not related to that, and the results are the same.

thanks for all you work so far 🙂
    Kfir

#451449 Reply

ufk
    Participant

Hi.
    just want to add a little update…
    after trying to debug with my note4.. i sometimes get ‘gapdebug adb closed unexpectedly’ and then i need to restart my phone in order for my device to show up in gapdebug ui again.

#451532 Reply

dueguard
    Participant

Unfortunately this update did not help this for me either. It worked the very first time but as soon as I compiled a new build it would not recognize it again as a debuggable app no matter what I did. If I can just figure out how to get it back. 🙁

#451533 Reply

dueguard
    Participant

Interestingly enough if I uninstall/reinstall the dev branch it works again. Until the next time I do a build.

#451559 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@dueguard @ufk
    We are trying to determine what could be goofed up as the latest update addressed a major break that was preventing some android apps from being detected by GapDebug. I have a few more ideas based on @duegards latest info that we are investigating. We hope to have a production update as soon as we can get these issues you are seeing wrapped up.

#451733 Reply

support-vadim
    Participant

Hi dueguard,

We’ve just released GD update that should fix the issue you reported. Could you please try it and let us know if it fixes the problem?

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/gapdebug-2015-update-5-2-1-0-beta-3-available/

Regards,
    Vadim Ridosh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: app won't appear in gapdebug ui after successful install (with android 5.0.1)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in