facebook

Application Failes to Install on IPAD 2

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Pauldivaniii

I have my application installing on all the IPAD 1 devices listed on the Provisioning Profile but the IPAD AIR devices fail to load.

Is this a reported issue?

Is there somewhere on the IPAD we can look to find the reason the load is failing?

I tried to search the forums but the word IPAD kept getting rejected in the search.

#348071 Reply

Code_A

Are you installing using ad hoc distribution method or App Store? If ad hoc, double check the UDID is correct. Also make sure you have all the required imagesets for ios7 and retina display included in your build (although I’m not sure that would cause the install to fail).

#348073 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Firstly it will be an ad hoc build because app store builds do not include devices. Secondly, yes you do need to check and make sure the iPadAir UDID is correct and register it in “Devices”. Then go to your ad hoc profile and edit it to include the iPad air device, save the edited profile and download it. Save to wherever you keep your profiles overwriting the previous one of the same name. Use the new profile to re build the app, if it still doesn’t install on the iPadAir you have done something wrong.

#348159 Reply

Pauldivaniii

Okay, so here is what I believe is my issue and it’s straight from the IOS 7.0 release notes from Apple:

•-[UIDevice uniqueIdentifier] is no longer accepted in submissions to the App Store. In iOS 7, apps that are already on the store or on users’ devices that call this removed API will no longer be returned the UDID. Instead, -[UIDevice uniqueIdentifier] will return a 40-character string starting with FFFFFFFF, followed by the hex value of -[UIDevice identifierForVendor]. It is important to consider how this will affect existing apps. Consider submitting updates that no longer access the UDID.

So all the applications are returning a UDID now return a value like this: “FFFFFFFF85BB4D8B131A490F85972E3FFCE6D328”. And, they each return a different value.

Now, if I already had the UDID from the IPAD or IPHONE that I retrieved before IOS 7.0 then I can install the application on those units just fine.

However with further research I found a solution that allows you to get the real UDID off iTunes http://www.ehow.com/how_8433028_ipads-udid.html. I use Windows so when I could see the UDID I could right click on the UDID display and it gave me a copy option.

#348179 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

There you go then, problem solved!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Application Failes to Install on IPAD 2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in