facebook

Application won't deploy correctly – WAS 8.5 / MEB2016

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gjt3
    Participant

Using WAS 8.5.5.9 / MEB2016
    Issue: Application seems to be deployed as seen in Server Console, but it isn’t getting installed in the local Web Sphere Server 8.5. It can also be seen present in InstalledApps/localcell folder. See attached.

#511371 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

gjt3,

Sorry you are seeing a problem. However, we don’t see the attachment that you mentioned. Could you please attempt to attach it again? If you have problems, please mention the extension of the file you are trying to attach as there may be restrictions in what can be attached to replies.

Also, please mention whether you are using the “In-workspace” publishing mode (configured in the “Advanced Publishing Settings” of the server connector settings). If the WebSphere console output is showing that the application is installed, can you explain why you think it isn’t actually being installed? Does the WebSphere Admin Console show the application as installed?

#511384 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

Here is the original attachment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #511388 Reply

gjt3
    Participant

From user:

I have added the Web Sphere Configuration section showing that I use Enhanced Mode for deployment. I am NOT using the In-Workspace Mode.
    The console output also prints what is in deployment.log (“The command line is too long.” – image added to the attached document).
    The WebSphere Admin Console does NOT show the application installed.
    But from Servers section it seems that the application is deployed which is misleading.
    It can be seen in the images present in the attached documen

Plus updated attachment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #511757 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for collecting detailed error reports along with screenshots.

I’m afraid this appears to be a bug in MyEclipse. This user is using a very old version of MyEclipse, version 10.7, from around 5 years ago. Your post title does say “MEB2016”, but the screenshots sent in indicate that ME 10.7 is being used. Please let us know if this is not the case.
    Since 10.7, we’ve made dozens fundamental changes and fixes to the WebSphere deployment technology, especially for more recent servers like 8.5 or 9.

Due to the age of the release being used, we will not be able to debug this issue further, nor will we be able to provide a workaround, or a fix.

I would recommend that the user simply move to a more recent version of MyEclipse, like MyEclipse 2017. We continue to support the WebSphere 8.5 server, and you will find a much more robust connector for this server available. There is a high chance that the bug you are running into is already fixed as well, but if not – we will be able to work with you to figure out what is going wrong and deliver a fix if required.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused – do let us know know if you need help moving to MyEclipse 2017.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Application won't deploy correctly – WAS 8.5 / MEB2016

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in