facebook

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in FaceletsValidator

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Today, Eclipse crashed. The last entry in the log was:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.jsf.facelets.FaceletsValidator.validate(FaceletsValidator.java:355)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.reconcile.validator.ReconcileStepForValidator.validate(ReconcileStepForValidator.java:339)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.reconcile.validator.ReconcileStepForValidator.reconcileModel(ReconcileStepForValidator.java:246)
    at org.eclipse.jface.text.reconciler.AbstractReconcileStep.reconcile(AbstractReconcileStep.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.reconcile.validator.ValidatorStrategy.reconcile(ValidatorStrategy.java:207)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.reconcile.DocumentRegionProcessor.process(DocumentRegionProcessor.java:192)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.reconcile.StructuredRegionProcessor.process(StructuredRegionProcessor.java:252)
    at org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.internal.reconcile.DirtyRegionProcessor.run(DirtyRegionProcessor.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Is this a known bug or do you like more information?

#273340 Reply

Forgot: I’m using Eclipse 3.3 and ME 6.0M1

#274229 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aaron,
    When you say crashed you mean process totally died, or you got the standard VM-crash popup from Eclipse? The reconcilers have never crashed the platform before, my guess is that something else happened.

#274268 Reply

It completely crashed but it might be related to an OOM bug elsewhere. I’m now running a memory monitor and will let you know when I find out what happened.

As for this bug, an easy way to provoke it is to create an empty HTML file (File -> New -> File -> test.html) and you should have one of those in your log.

#274278 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Just tried test.html and test.xhtml using 6.0 GA and didn’t get anything written to log.

Possible it could have been fixed.

Also if it was a OOM, it’s possible it could be more than just heap and could be permGen space. Suggested args to start with here:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-getting-outofmemoryexceptions-2/

#274463 Reply

This seems to have been fixed in 6.0ga.

As for the OOM, I’m already running with 256MB permGen, 64MB CodeCache and 512MB heap. I still get OOMs but I haven’t found a pattern, yet. I’ll start a new thread when I find something worth reporting.

#274472 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aaron,
    Glad to hear it’s working better… as for the OOMs, do you have a lot of additional plugins installed besides MyEclipse? Is there a consistent set of actions that lead to the OOM? (e.g. Create new project, add caps, work with UML for a while?)

#274476 Reply

Riyad,

As I said, I couldn’t nail it down, yet. I’ve enabled GC in the PermGen with

-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
    -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled

which helps. Besides ME, I have Groovy and Maven plugins installed. The usual pattern is switching between a Groovy-editor, a JSP-editor and JUnit tests written in Java and Groovy. Eventually, something will blow up but it’s not as simple as “I run the JSP editor for 3 hours and it crashes.”

ATM, I think I’ll have to live with it. With my settings, Eclipse survives a few days, sometimes a week and with the memory monitor plugin, I get a pre-warning when memory gets tight. Usually, the VM runs out of Code Cache and ME warns me that less than 5% is left. Then, CodeCache is gc’d and the usage drops but somehow, the damage has already been done because stuff starts to fail (editors behave weird, JUnit forgets the last launch, etc).

#274482 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thanks for the additional flags… may try them in my personal workspace and see what happens (although I frequently restart during the day for testing/support reasons so may not notice a diff).

#274865 Reply

Notice that these flags are Java 6. They don’t work with Java 1.5 and you’ll get a strange “Can’t start” error when you use them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in FaceletsValidator

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in