facebook

Article: Play Video using Default iOS Player

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Examples, HOW-TOs
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

Demo: Play Video using Default iOS Player

One approach to playing video (or audio) is to use the built-in iOS media player of Mobile Safari. Following are instructions for wiring up a button’s OnClick action to load an mp4 file into the default video player. The .mobi design file is attached to the bottom of this article.

1) In the Visual Designer add a button

2) Configure the button’s OnClick handler to use a GotoURL action
    – set the URL to http://genuitec.com/mobile/mobione/dev/sample_mpeg4.mp4 or any other video with compatible format for the iOS player

3) Use Project>Upload Web Application action to generate the html code and share a URL with your iOS device for testing

Notes:
    1) The Test Center emulator does not properly handle audio or video at this time. Thus avoid invoking the button if viewing the UI in the Test Center.
    2) The iphone video player presents a Done button upon completion of playing the video. Clicking Done will return to the web app. The ipad video player does not present a Done button and will not return to your webapp when completed. You must manually reopen mobile safari to your webapp (bummer).
    See attachment play-video-ss.png

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #323482 Reply

DrGadget

Hi Wayne

I have 2 questions

Is it possible to play the video without online connection?
    Is it possible to play and loop the video?

Thanks in advance

#325031 Reply

NAK

Hello Wayne,

First, thank you for all your support.

I am working on creating an app which will run a prayer video when a button is clicked. The video file is a 29 Mb MPEG 4 file currently residing on my local c:\ drive.

How do I go about embedding it into my app so it will play with a click of a button and then the “Done” button will bring the user back to the main page?

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Also any help you can provide in embedding a compass with pre-set coordinates would also be great.

Regards,

NAK

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Article: Play Video using Default iOS Player

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in