facebook

async/await shows error in editor

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

allanjackson
    Participant

I’m trying to use the javascript async/await feature, but MyEclipse is showing an error for both statements. It just says “Expected end of statement or expression.” The actual code runs fine in the browser, so it’s just a validation issue in MyEclipse.

I’m using version 2017 CI 10. I also tried installing CodeMix, but it still shows as an error.

#593682 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Allan,

MyEclipse 2017 by itself would not handle this as we haven’t updated to handle this syntax.

With CodeMix, however, I was able to get async code to validate correctly. First, are you opening the file in the JavaScript :: CodeMix editor? If yes, the next thing to check is the Validation settings which would show up at the bottom of the JS editor – you should switch to the CodeMix validator. You might need to do a clean build to get markers set by the MyEclipse validator to disappear.

If you still see the error being reported, please tell us exactly what the error message is – including the contents of the Type column (you can copy the error out of the Problems or Markers view and paste it here).

Just FYI, we will be adding this support soon in the MyEclipse 2018 stream, through an in-built CodeMix integration.

Hope this helps.

#593708 Reply

allanjackson
    Participant

Thanks! I got it to work.

It was open in the CodeMix editor, and the very bottom of the window said “CodeMix Validation”, so I assumed that’s what was being used. But when I clicked the “Tune CodeMix” button in the editor, it was actually using the older validator. Switching to the new one and rebuilding fixed the issue.

#593718 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Allan,

Glad you were able to get it working. I can see how that tab text can be confusing, we’re going to take a look at what we can do it make it more intuitive – appreciate your feedback in this regard.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: async/await shows error in editor

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in