facebook

Autoformat in CodeMix2

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

rolandh
    Participant

We are coding in Angular and the new Codemix complains about several formating problems, like

– whitespace
    – end of file – empty line
    – etc.

If I try to format the whole code – nothing happens. Even methods and functions are not any longer properly idented…

Any hint how to fix this?

#603645 Reply

Aaron Lara

@rolandh, Thanks for reaching out! CodeMix uses Build pipelines to validate projects, can you make sure codemix validation is running for your angular project? Please notice the Build Panel at the lower right of your editors. If you click on it, do you get better results?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#603653 Reply

Aaron Lara

For more information about Build Pipelines click here

#603859 Reply

rolandh
    Participant

Well the major problem I’m facing at the moment is that the whole thing is lagging. Its running and after 5-10 sec everything is fine. But for working on a regular base the new CodeMix is a pain in the a**

Honestly don’t know why this takes now *THAT* much of computer ressources :-/ A collegue of mine mentioned: Most likely I have 90+ editors opened. But still don’t see the problem with it.

An additional q: Is it somehow possible to mark all warnings as warnings (=yellow) and not as errors (=red). Cuz I can hardly distinguish if its a formatting issue with missing whitespace or a _real_ issue.

#603877 Reply

Aaron Lara

Sorry you are experiencing bad performance.

For a live assistance (if you have time) I suggest starting a chat with us by clicking Help > CodeMix > Live Chat.... If live assistance if not required, here are some questions I have:

1. Does the lagging only happen on Startup of Eclipse?
    2. Reg your 90+ editor opened, how many of those are CodeMix editors (aprox)?

One thing that can help us determine what is causing bad performance is to turn on advance loging and send it to us. For this do:

1. Shut down eclipse
    2. Edit eclipse.ini file (at your eclipse install directory) and add the following line after -vmargs
    -Dcom.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log=true
    3. Start eclipse again and give it somme time (make sure you experience the bad performance).
    4. Send us the file that will be generated at <home>/.codemix/codemix-2018-MM-DD...

Regarding your question about markers. You can go to Preferences > CodeMix > Settings > Workspace Settings and type tslint in the filter. Then change tslint.alwaysShowRuleFailuresAsWarnings to true

Let me know any concern.

#604030 Reply

rolandh
    Participant

I attached the log file cause I guess this is what you need anyway…

I did a small refactoring and in the very end I deleted the leading whitespaces and inbetween some. Since it was marked immediately I pressed Ctrl-1 which did not help as well hover the error – which displayed Loading....

After an endless time of waiting the proposals were ready.

endless means – 10 to 15 secs. Which is for a regular work not doable. I don’t wanna go for beer for each error the engine detects.

About my system: OpenSuse, TumbleTweed, 20 of 32 GB used, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Which I guess should be sufficient!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #604032 Reply

rolandh
    Participant

Additionally I want to add: The ng serve process was not running. Any other compiler process outside Angular neither (like Spring Boot).

#604056 Reply

ignaciom

Thanks for the logs, the log you’ve sent is good but very big, could you generate one that display only one try o the quick fix Ctr+1 thing.

1. Delete the existing logs on your ~/.codemix/codemix-$timestamp
    2. Close all your editors.
    3. close eclipse.
    4. open eclipse, open just one of those files and do the Ctrl+1 give it a time to get the result.
    5. Close eclipse, send the generated log

Once you’ve have that log, could you try to disable the codeminings, reference count on the editors? To do that go to Preferences -> CodeMix -> Settings -> Workspace Settings here you’ll find a text box to filter the values, type codeLens, set all the values to false, just to make sure the values get set, restart eclipse (usually not required), look at these settings again, make sure they have false values. Try again to use Ctrl+1 on an error marker, do you see the same thing?

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#604143 Reply

rolandh
    Participant

I tried to follow as much as it would make sense for me. i.e.

– I disabled the codemining
    – set the setting in the ini-file
    – disabled codelens
    – left the amount of opened editors the same (cuz it might be THAT problem)
    – I have had opened one file with one particular white space error
    – after lauchning Eclipse I changed another white space error
    – hit Ctrl-1
    – waiting about 10-20 secs till the appropriate menu appeared

I hope the log helps – although I guess its still *too* big. Looking into it I don’t see much specific information about the critical time – but that’s not my business to investigate 😉

ONE addtional issue:
    Marking some text and pressing Ctrl-1 sometimes misplace the content or the current position of the cursor. Sometimes thats quite annoying!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #604185 Reply

rolandh,

Thanks for providing additional details.

We’ll get back to you soon once the dev team takes deep dive into the issue with the provided log.

Regarding additional issue with incorrect cursor position, could you please let us know –
    1. For which language editor you are noticing it. (JavaScript, TypeScript, HTML or any other)
    2. Is there any specific editor setting for this editor in Preferences.
    3. Do you see the issue consistently with all editors of same language.
    4. Is it possible to send a sample file or short video when you see the issue.

Regards,
    Shilpee

#604193 Reply

rolandh
    Participant

Where could I place the video? Couldn’t downsize it 🙁 its about 790MB + some information I don’t like to be online (=confidential)
    Plz send me a link!

#604260 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Roland,

Sorry to have left you hanging, and thank you for taking the time to create this video for us.

I’m afraid our private upload area needed a bit of maintenance, so we cannot share an upload link with you just yet – we’ll try to get that back online today and will share the details with you.

A faster option, if OK with you, would be to upload the file to your google drive and share the link with us via a private message on this forum, or you could write to support@genuitec.com with the link, once we download the file, you can delete it as well. Thoughts?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Autoformat in CodeMix2

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in