facebook

best practices for upgrade

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pholister

I see two different cases for upgrades
    1) when the new myeclipse release requires the same eclipse as the previous
    2) when the eclipse platform is different

When going from 3.6.3 to 3.6.4 the update manager handled the upgrade flawlessly – very nice.

Now that 3.7.2 is out, the update manager says there are no updates available. This makes sense for myeclipse 3.7.2 because it requires 3.0M6. But I guess I don’t understand why the upgrade mgr didn’t find the upgrade for eclipse to M6. Is M6 considered a completely separate release and not an upgrade for previous 3.0 betas?

Must I do a completely new install of 30M6 first? Seems like a lot of work. The main thing that is a lot of work is to recreate all the projects again. I guess I’m just asking for what’s the recommend way to handle upgrades in these scenarios with the least amount of trouble.

Thanks,
    Mark

#201799 Reply

Robert Varga
    Participant

Milestones cannot be upgraded from the Eclipse download/update servers, only stable releases, I think.

#201944 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

You’re correct Rob. The bleeding edge of Eclipse (3.0 milestones) are not really constrained by the same issues that govern their production (2.1.x) releases. Each milestone is a fresh reinstallation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: best practices for upgrade

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in