facebook

Big Size JSP files opening problem

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. General
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

System Setup –P-IV, Ram 512 —————————–

Operating System and version: Windows 2000 Professional

Eclipse version: 3.0.1

Eclipse build id: M200409161125

Fresh Eclipse install (y/n): Yes

If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?

Other installed external plugins:

Number of plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*: 8

MyEclipse version: 3.8.4

Eclipse JDK version: JDK1.4.2_03

Application Server JDK version: JDK 1.41_04

Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file?

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException[0]: com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Unable to add deployment file C:/bea/user_projects/domains/kalypso/applications/kalypso/POMList.jsp

at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.resourceAdded(Unknown Source)

at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ProjectDeltaVisitor.visit(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:68)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:77)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:56)

at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder.webProjectBuildDelta(Unknown Source)

at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder.webProjectBuildDelta(Unknown Source)

at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder.buildDelta(Unknown Source)

at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder.build(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:570)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:616)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:159)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:251)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:204)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:231)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:616)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:234)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:270)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:299)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:155)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:212)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: File C:\eclipse\workspace\kalypso\WebRoot\POMList.jsp does not exist

at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:725)

at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFileToDirectory(FileUtils.java:700)

at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFileToDirectory(FileUtils.java:674)

… 24 more

If this is a DB related question please answer the following:

RDBMS vendor and version: Oracle9i

JDBC driver vendor and version, and access type (thin, type-2, etc): weblogic.jdbc.oracle.oracleDriver, Type 4

Connection URL: jdbc:bea:oracle://10.0.0.70:1521

Eclipse error logs related to com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer packages:

– Message Body ——————————-

Hi,

We have problem with big size JSP files access. When ever we are opening big size JSP files and try to modify then eclipse work very slow.

So how to resolve this problem please inform us.

Thanks,

Kaushlesh

#231444 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kaushlesh,
    How many lines is this JSP file? What command line arguments are you using to start MyEclipse?

#231486 Reply

Hi,
    That JSP page having 3000 lines.
    For My Eclipse starting purpose we are using this command line. eclipse.exe -vmargs -Xms128M -Xmx384M.

Thanks,
    Kaushlesh

#231500 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kaushlesh,
    Can you send the JSP page in question to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad so I can take a look? I created a sample page locally that was 2800 lines long and didn’t have any problems editing it, so I wonder if it is something specific about your page’s structure.

#231511 Reply

Hi,
    Actually it wont create problem at morning, we always face problem after 4 PM only. After that if i restart the eclipse, then also it work slow.
    Next day again it will work fine at morning session.
    So can u suggest me what i have to do for that.

Thanks

#231514 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kaushlesh,
    See that detail would have been helpful in your first post. Are you behind an HTTP proxy?

#231597 Reply

Hi Riyad,

We don’t have any HTTP Proxy behind. So can helpme further how to comeout from this kind of issues. I appreciate for you responses.

Thanks

#231606 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kaushlesh,
    Well I surely find it strange this only happens after 4pm.

I wonder if your virus scanner starts running at 4pm on your machine… double check the scan times you have setup to start a virus scan. Also next time this happens, open your task manager (Right click on your task bar > Task Manager) then switch to the processor tab and see which process is eating up the most CPU and RAM.

#231621 Reply

Hi Riyad,

Once again i clearly state my problem with Eclipse.

1.We are using Jsp Pages which also include .inc files, these are just html files occasionally consiting some jsp code also, these .inc files some times may run in to approx 2000 lines , in this way, we often include 3 to 4 .inc files in the Jsp. In this way, the total no of lines of code in a Jsp page may exceed 3000 lines or so.
    In cases of such Jsp pages, eclipse editor becomes sluggish . When we type some thing, it takes some few noticeable seconds before the typed characters appear on the screen, same if we scroll the page or move the mouse .

This problem is more predominant when the editor is kept open for around 6 to 7 hours. After that, eclipse editor becomes very slow and finally throws a dialog box saying that out of memory has been reached and the work bench will be exited, when the oK button is clicked, eclipse will get closed. on restarting, it works normally. this problem is only for Jsp pages and not with Beans.

We have checked our Antivirus , its working fine and it doesnt start at 4pm.

Please advice …
    Thanks

#231640 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Arman, I have filed this issue for us to look into while we continue to tune our editor’s performance. In the mean time we suggest occasionally closing and reopening the editors if that helps or giving Eclipse more memory (admitedly those page sizes are quite big for a syntax tree to be built).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Big Size JSP files opening problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in