facebook

black and white vue

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

dschau
    Participant

Hi,
    i am working with Vue and Codemix really helps me with that but unfortunately my Eclipse won’t show me the Code in color. It is still functional but i cannot see color and if they are any mistakes.

#590759 Reply

support-swapna

dschau,

Thank you for working with CodeMix. Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please recheck if the .vue files are opened in the Vue CodeMix editor? Right click on the file in the Explorer view > Open With and select ‘Vue::CodeMix’. I do see the syntax color and errors being marked with appropriate color for the .vue files in the Vue CodeMix editor.

If you are still seeing the problem, then please share with us a screenshot of editor to help us get a visual. Also share with us your OS and version details to help us investigate further.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#590766 Reply

dschau
    Participant

okay i added a screenshot of my code. I checked if the codemix is enabled and the view is also enabled and both of them are enabled.
    my version of codemix is: Release CI 2018.5.31
    i am working on eclipse Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)
    in Ubuntu Version 16.04.4 LTS

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by dschau.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by dschau.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #590772 Reply

Brian Fernandes

dschau,

1) Not too sure what view you are talking about, do you see the “Vue::CodeMix” editor that Swapna asked about in your “Open With” menu when opening your files?

2) What extensions are you using for your vue files? If you don’t mind adding one, a larger screenshot showing the entire workspace will help give us the needed context.

3) Besides syntax highlighting, are other features like content assist and Vue-specific validation working?

4) Can you go to Help > CodeMix Extensions, and check if the “Vue Pack” and the “Vetur” extensions are installed? If not, please click Browse Extensions and install the Vue Pack.

Thanks!

#590773 Reply

dschau
    Participant

1) Yes i do see Vue::CodeMix editor, when i opened “Open With” menu
    2) screenshots
    3) no other features are working perfectly fine. Its just the syntax highlighting
    4) It says that they are installed

Thank you for the fast support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #590787 Reply

Brian Fernandes

dschau,

Very strange – especially when other features are working – somewhat good news. Can you open a few other simple CodeMix editors, like the HTML / CSS / JS editor and see if you do get syntax highlighting there?

I wonder if the issue is specific to Ubuntu. Can you tell us what OS theme you’re using? Adwaita, Ambiance, etc.? Could you try to see if switching the theme (perhaps to Adwaita) makes a difference?

#590789 Reply

dschau
    Participant

yes the others are working perfectly fine. I don’t know why it happend, because when i bought it or test it, it was working in Eclipse. Somehow in the last couple of days the error accured. My only guess is that i was once working with Visual Studio Code and maybe there was a mixup between them.
    I am currently using Ambiance Theme but switched to Dark-GTK Theme, but it is still black and white.

#590794 Reply

Brian Fernandes

dschau,

That’s it – the Vetur extension was recently updated and the most recent version raises the minimum “required” version of the engine to be beyond the version in CodeMix. If you’re only using CodeMix, this won’t matter – but if you use VSCode as well, it will update the extension. We’re working on fixing these incompatibilities to prevent issues like this from occurring in the future.

A workaround would be to go to ensure CM and VS Code are shut down, then go to <user home>/.vscode/extensions/octref.vetur-0.12.5 and edit package.json – on line 42, change the version to ^1.20.1. The extension should now work when you start CM. With my basic testing, Syntax Highlighting was back and content assist seemed to work as well – hopefully all the key functionality will still be available.

Another option would be to uninstall this version of Vetur and install the previous version using a VSIX file, but that won’t be necessary if the above works – do let us know.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for reporting the problem.

#590850 Reply

dschau
    Participant

Yes, thank you. It finally works again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: black and white vue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in