facebook

Bling 10 and Maven Imports

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tim5901
    Participant

Per a previous topic I downloaded Bling 10 in hopes of getting a more functional Maven implementation. But after doing so I am not sure if I gained much.

According to the Help I still cannot import existing non-Bling created Maven projects and 10 does not support EAR projects. I find this rather frustrating since to build an EJB project I need an EAR.

But first can someone tell me how to import a Bling created Maven project from SVN?

#321910 Reply

cconway

To import a project from SVN you’ll need to install an SVN plugin, either Subversive or Subclipse. I recommend Subversive because that is the “official” eclipse project for SVN.

To Install Subversive:

1. Open the MyEclipse Configuration Center (Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center)
    2. Click the “Software” tab.
    3. The Eclipse 3.7 site should appear under the Public Sites section on the left.
    4. Type Subversive into the box just under “Browse Software”
    5. You should see several Subversive options under the Eclipse 3.7 update site. Right-click the one titled “Subversive SVN Team Provider (Incubation)” and select Add to Profile.
    6. Click the Apply Change button to apply the change to your installation.
    7. Follow the prompts and allow MyEclipse to restart.
    8. Close the Configuration Center and open the SVN Repositories View (Window > Show View > Other > SVN Repositories)
    9. Subversive requires a connector so it should prompt you to select one. I always use the newest SVN Kit, currently at 1.3.5. Just select that one, press Finish, and follow the prompts to install it.
    10. After the install and second restart, the SVN Repositories view should allow you to create a SVN repository location and check out your project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Bling 10 and Maven Imports

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in