facebook

Blue Subscriptions[Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a Group Professional License currently. I am considering purchasing a subscription for Blue but I don’t want to duplicate my environment or my costs. Will there be a reduced price on Blue for holders of current MyEclipse Professional licenses? Or perhaps an upgrade/add-on path?

I develop for several App Servers (OC4J, WAS, Glassfish) and I like the idea of having dedicated support for WebSphere. I am currently working on a major project that is still using RAD6 and I am considering recommending Blue if, after evaluation, it exhibits the level of performance and efficiency I’ve come to expect from MyEclipse.

Unfortunately, I do not want to have to maintain two separate environments and licenses (one for WAS and one for everything else). I would appreciate some insight as to licensing alternatives for current license holders.

Thank-you,
    Rod Bollinger
    Principal Software Architect, SCJP, SCWCD

#281846 Reply

Greg

Rod,

Thanks for contacting us about the Blue subscriptions. The best thing is for me to forward your note over to the subscriptions department and they will be able to answer your questions much better than I could.

I’ll send them a copy of your note and they should be able to respond. If you want to contact them just shoot an email to subscriptions@genuitec.com.

Please we would also like any feedback after your evaluation of Blue m1. Keep in mind that we are already working on our next version that will be improved in many areas, so we welcome any feedback you can provide.

#281868 Reply

Greg

Rod,

Did you receive an email from subscriptions? If you have any further questions or comments you can follow up with subscriptions@genuitec.com

Here is a copy of the email that was sent to you from subscriptions just in case you didn’t receive it.

Rod,

Thank you for your continued support of MyEclipse.

As MyEclipse Blue is still in Milestone stage, it is free for all right now. When the GA release comes out in March we will have a system to upgrade Pro to Blue. This is not currently available. I will put you on a list to be notified when it is available. You are welcome to download Blue for free now at http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-4.html

There is also a free webinar February 21 at 1 pm Central. You can register at: http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-352.html There will be an opportunity for participants to get a free MyEclipse Blue subscription.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Best Regards,
    Sara Konz

Customer Relations Manager
    subscriptions@genuitec.com
    T (+1) 888-267-4176 X 707
    F (+1) 214-853-4284

#282278 Reply

Hi Greg,

I did receive the reply from subscriptions but thank you very much for following up. I appreciate the extra effort.

Thanks again,
    -Rod

#283426 Reply

Tim Brown

I have a question too.

Is Blue a evolution of MyEclipse or a different product? It seems it is from info in this thread.

Will MyEclipse conmtinue to be developeed seperately. ie: when is the next release?

If I don’t do websphere developement do I need Blue at all?

Thanks,
    Tim

#283427 Reply

Greg

Hello Tim,

You bring up some good questions and I’ll try to answer your questions as I can.

1. MyEclipse Blue Edition will be its own distinct product offering and it will always be our top-level product, so you could think of it as our Enterprise-level offering.
    2. MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench, the good-ole MyEclipse will continue to push forward as well. We are currently working on MyEclipse 6.5 Milestone 1 right now that will have several new features.
    3. If you don’t use WebSphere, Blue Edition, while it isn’t the case right now, in the future there may well be some general features added to Blue Edition first for some time and then moved into MyEclipse Pro as some time later.

One thing for sure, if you subscribe at the MyEclipse Blue level, you will always have access to the latest and greatest features whether those are in MyEclipse Pro or MyEclipse Blue edition.

If you have any further questions about Blue vs MyEclipse pro don’t hesitate to send them to subscriptions@genuitec.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Blue Subscriptions[Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in