facebook

Breakpoint problem [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

g8udxk

I am using Weblogic 7.0 sp2 with eclipse 2.1. I set a breakpoint and launch weblogic using the MyEclipseButton->Weblogic->start menu. When that breakpoint is hit, nothing happens in eclipse. In the debug view everything appears to be running as if no breakpoint was hit. But the server seems to be stopped because the page is never returned to the browser. Remove the breakpoint and reload the page, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

David

#196457 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

David,

Once bit of confusion I’ve seen is that when a breakpoint is hit Eclipse will change to the Debug Perspective, but sometimes will not automatically display the Debug View. The distinction is important because it’s the Debug view that shows the executions stack and which threads are at a breakpoint. From your description, it sounds like this might be happening to you. To be sure the Debug View is visible you can force it to be displayed by going to Window->Show View and selecting Debug from the Debug group. Could that be all it is?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196461 Reply

g8udxk

Scott,
    Thanks for the quick response, I am looking at the debug perspective, and I have the debug view visible when I run the app. In fact the myeclipse button only shows up when looking at the debug perspective, that might be correct, don’t know. I have confirmed that the “start weblogic means debug mode” button is selected in preferences.
    – David

#196462 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

David,

Did you also provide WebLogic a valid weblogic.xml file to enable debugging, as is documented in the Documentation forum? Are you using our standard exploded deployment model by right-clicking on your project and selecting “Deploy…”?

Just to be clear, did you mean your running Eclipse 2.1 (Release version) and MyEclipse 2.1.1 EA2? Or some other combination?

In fact the myeclipse button only shows up when looking at the debug perspective, that might be correct, don’t know.

You can have the MyEclipse toolbar button in any perspective you like. Just show that perspective then choose Window->Customize Perspective->Other and select all the MyEclipse options.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196867 Reply

I am having this exact same problem (the breakpoint is never shown as being hit in the debugger, but a response is never sent to the browser either). Was there ever a resolution? I’m running Eclipse 2.1 and the latest release of MyEclipse.

#196868 Reply

Also I have added the required weblogic.xml file to the META-INF directory.

#196875 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Unfortunately, we’ve never been able to replicate this behavior to determine the cause. One question though, which version of the JDK are you using to launch WebLogic? The reason I ask is that early versions of JDK 1.4 had a slew of bugs in their debugging implentations. We’ve never seen any issues with 1.4.1_03.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Breakpoint problem [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in