facebook

Breakpoints not working on Minimized code

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

curtis.fisher
    Participant

I have a Sencha project that I am using with your product. I have enabled cordova and the Sencha Architect IDE builds a native app for IOS and deploys it to the IOS simulator or the device (depending if the device is connected via a wire).

The build minimizes the code, and GapDebug displays it in readable form, but it will not to stop on a breakpoint other than the 1st line (it obviously doesn’t beautify the code and step through that file, but uses the minified version). Is this just a limitation for now, or will it eventually work as a debugger with compressed files?

I have an error because of using a network call, and I’d like to look at the cordova call to see what the issue is. I’ll have to look at generating my app a little differently with Sencha CMD if this is the case.

Thanks, and I think you have done a great thing here with this tool. I wish you had a MyEclipse version integrated with Sencha, I’d drop Architect in a hot minute!

Curtis

#353099 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@curtis.fisher

There is a known issue when stopping at breakpts in a minified js library of an iOS app. For the near term you may have to fallback to using the original js library (not ideal).

The apple docs state you should be able to set breakpoints in a minified js lib: here. But my experience remote debugging with both GapDebug and using Safari WebKit Inspector on a mac fail to stop at breakpoints. I just ran a series of tests where the app loads underscore.min.js. I included underscore.min.map and underscore.js in the app after I noticed that the inspector was attempting to load them when available. In all cases I was never able to stop at a breakpoint.

I also tried an experiement with a different minified js lib with similar results. I’m discussing with my coworker for his insight and will share if I get anymore details. Maybe I’m goofing up my test cases… hard to say without a working example.

We have a complete refresh of the GapDebug inspectors for iOS that is expected to ship next week. I ran tests on it as well using 2 completely new inspectors. no go 🙁

#353100 Reply

curtis.fisher
    Participant

This is what I ran on my Sencha App to use the testing version of the files…

cd to your application Namespace/root directory
    run: sencha -d app build ios testing >debugIosBuild.log

the ios is in place of ‘native’ that Sencha Architect uses (I am using Architect, but having to switch to the command line because the ‘Native Build and Emulate’ doesn’t seem to work on my project consistently) and I have the following in my app.json file so it will pick this up…

"builds": {
          "web": {
             "default": true
          },
          "ios": {
             "packager": "cordova",
             "cordova": {
                "config": {
                   "id": "TestCordova2",
                   "name": "TestCordova2",
                   "platforms": "ios"
                }
             }
          }
       },

The ‘testing’ argument is what tells the Sencha build script to produce human readable code. The debugger works fine in this mode.

After you have checked the log, cd to the cordova directory directly under the root folder…

Then run: cordova -d emulate ios –target=”iPad-Air”

Thanks for the info…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Breakpoints not working on Minimized code

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in