facebook

Bugzilla Client Capatibility List

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Greg

Here is the 3.8.3 bugzilla client capatibility list with bugzilla servers:

2.16.X — 5/5
    2.17.X – 0/5, not currently supported.
    2.18rc3 – 3/5, not fully supported. You can login, search, and add bugs, but you can’t edit or update bugs.

So for 3.8.3, the only bugzilla servers we officially support is the 2.16 series. As for all other versions, we will investigate support for them in future releases.

Please do not post bug reports for any version of bugzilla other than 2.16.X. Thank you.

#243334 Reply

Enrique Mota

Hi all,

I am using MyEclipse 4.0.3 with Bugzilla client 4.0.0. Our Bugzilla server is 2.20.
    Is it supported in this release of MyEclipse?
    I am getting the following error and I don´t know if it has to do with version compatibilities or any problem with firewalls or any problem with Bugzilla server configuration:

“Could not establish a HTTP connection with server located at 217.130.67.2”

Thank you very much in advance.
    Best regards,
    Jaime

#243355 Reply

Greg

Jaime,

The bugzilla support is still the same in version 4.X of MyEclipse as it is listed in this topic. Sorry for the inconveinence.

#243414 Reply

Enrique Mota

Hi Greg,

ok, anyway thank you very much for your response (I won´t spend any time looking for a reason for that problem; we will just access Bugzilla from browser).

Regards,
    Jaime

#243442 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jaime,

You can access it from the internal browser, for convenience, by clicking on the MyEclipse Browser icon in the toolbar (looks like a globe) and then accessing Bugzilla from it. Keeps things nice and integrated. 🙂

#244211 Reply

Hi,
    I bought my subscription last week and trying to configure bugzilla. I saw you comment earlier however the bugzila client version you mentioned is and therefore I’m posting my problem. Here are the version details:
    1. MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench Version: 4.0.3 Build id: 20051025-4.0.3-G
    2. MyEclipse Bugzilla Support Version: 4.0.0 Build id: 20050829-4.0.0-GA
    3. My Bugzilla server version: v 2.17.4-8.2

JDK Used: 14.2_09

Bugzilla Configuration:
    Server URL: https://bugbox.dev.prognet.com/bugs
    Username: *************
    Password: *************

When I click test connection it gives me message: No Bugzilla server detected at bugbox.dev.prognet.com.
    If I try using URL: https://bugbox.dev.prognet.com (as thats the URL I use in browser) it says “unable to login want to retry?”.

The SSL certificate at the above URL is a self signed one and therefore I have imported it in my JRE cacerts as a trusted certificate assuming that was causing a problem.

Let me know why it is causing a problem or if it is not a supported version even in Bugzilla client: 4.0.3.

Thanks

Kamlesh

#244214 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kamlesh,
    That version of Bugzilla is currently not supported; we appologize for the inconvenience.

#244667 Reply

sereda

Hello MyEclipse Support,

Deskzilla (a standalone client for Bugzilla) has support for all Bugzilla versions from 2.14 to 2.21. We are currently considering making our Bugzilla connectivity code open source. I can see how MyEclipse can benefit from joining in such open source project. Will you be interested?

Best regards,
    Igor

Igor Sereda
    Deskzilla Team
    http://deskzilla.com

#244669 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Igor,
    Deskzilla looks to be a very robust product. I will pass your post up to management to have a look at. I would point out that if your team did decide to open source your product, in order for MyEclipse to make use of it, the license would need to be commercial-friendly like Eclipse’s CPL, BSD or an Apache license.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Bugzilla Client Capatibility List

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in