facebook

Can I Add Custom Tags to the html editor?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dlduffy

I’ve just started using eclipse for a template processed driven application that we customize and I am wondering if it is possible to add custom tags to be recognized by the editor as valid. The MyEclipse html editor shows all of these tags as invalid as it does its’ validation and it brings eclipse to it’s knees, so much the application will hang and the process killed. I’ve tried increaing the available memory memory but that hasn’t helped.

Some examples of the tags we use;
    ‘<Mx $obj.WorkDesc.Value>’
    ‘<Ms $obj.WorkDesc.Value>’

here’s one that contains attributes;
    ‘<MlExecMsg _MsgName=a0getList _Obj=$This _RptStatus=NO SortBy=”TimestampIn” listtype=”LcmIntRdy” _Rslt=obj>’

As I’m sure you can guess the tags are processed by the server and returned as valid data.

Thanks for any help.

OS win2k
    MyEclipse 3.8.4
    eclipse 3.0.1

#225192 Reply

Riyad Kalla

So these are not taglibs, but instead markers that you process server side and replace at run-time with valid data? (like Velocity’s templating engine)

#225195 Reply

dlduffy

So these are not taglibs, but instead markers that you process server side and replace at run-time with valid data?

Yes.

As another option is there a way to turn off the validation altogether so that the items myeclipse has a problem with do not show up underlined or in the right scroll bar?

#225203 Reply

Riyad Kalla

As another option is there a way to turn off the validation altogether so that the items myeclipse has a problem with do not show up underlined or in the right scroll bar?

This is an open enhancement request, what is marking up the right scroll bar is the reconciler, it is a real-time validator that runs. Currently they cannot be turned off but we are looking at adding that functionality in a future release.

#225594 Reply

dlduffy

Riyad,

Another member of my team found a switch in the MyEclipse preferences to turn off the validation. In Window –> Preferences under MyEclipse –> Editors –> Common Editor Preferences there is a check box for Analyze annotations while typing. When this is uncheked it will stop validating and remove the markers next to the right scrollbar.

As for my original request I guess this is not available yet but it would be very nice to have the ability to define your own custom tags.

Thx.

#225595 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Another member of my team found a switch in the MyEclipse preferences to turn off the validation. In Window –> Preferences under MyEclipse –> Editors –> Common Editor Preferences there is a check box for Analyze annotations while typing. When this is uncheked it will stop validating and remove the markers next to the right scrollbar.

Thank your team member for finding this, I have a tendency to get tunnel vision and looks right past this 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Can I Add Custom Tags to the html editor?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in