facebook

Can not activate myeclipse 2020 started with JDK8

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

fepocuser11
    Participant

I am testing the myeclipse 2020, MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench Version: 2020.5.18. My company has myeclipse license purchased, and I was using 2017 version. Now I have an activation issue. By default this myeclipse 2020 is started with a JDK13 which came with the installation at -vm C:\dev\tools\MyEclipse-2020\binary\com.sun.java.jdk13.win32.x86_64_1.13.0\bin\javaw.exe.

Our applications are Java8 based with older Springboot version (< 2.0), so when I try to import them I got a error about older incompatible maven plugin. The suggestion from IDE is to start the IDE with a JDK8, thus I switch to use the same JDK used to run myeclipse 2017. How I have 2 strange issues.

First, the IDE take much longer time to start up comparing to starting with JDK13 and sometime it stops to responding and I have to end the process via task manager.
    Second, the IDE can’t activate. We have activate the IDE starting with JDK14 after installation. After switching to JDK8, the JDK asks to activate it again, and failed to activate with same subscription information it found from the installation.

Please help.
    Thank you

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by fepocuser11.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #662557 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with activation.
    I just ran few tests with JDK 1.8_202 and MyEclipse 2020.5.18 and I do not see the reported issue with activation at my end.

1. Can you please check if the .myeclipse.properties file located in your user home folder has activation key details in it?

2. Please share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation (Rename the extension to .txt and attach the file here)

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#662575 Reply

fepocuser11
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I switch to JDK 1.8.0_251 and the activation problem is gone. Another issue is still there though. It took much longer to start the IDE with this JDK comparing to the internal JDK13. Do you have any suggestion about longer starting time?

Thank you,
    Yuhui

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Can not activate myeclipse 2020 started with JDK8

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in