facebook

Can’t install 7.0 M1 for a seconda install (first one is ok)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ton Huisman

MyEclipse 6.0 can be installed side by side several times (using the InstallAnywhere installer) but trying out the 7.0 M1 installer I find it does not allow a second (parallel) install without removing the first one. Further testing shows that 6.5 also shows this behaveour.
    I’m quite convinced this happened with the switch to InstallShield from InstallAware, so I can ‘persuade’ the secoind install by removing/renaming the entry in the {pf} directory for the InstallShield data of ME, but that makes it quite hard to remove it later.

Please restore this feature in the installer, so I can setup a second full install of either MyEclipse 6.5 or 7.0 on my system.

TIA
    Ton

#288312 Reply

Loyal Water

I’ll make a note of this as an enhancement request but the more background info I have the better I can report this request. Can you describe how you use multiple installs? Can you describe the scenario where you would require multiple installs.

#288342 Reply

Ton Huisman

I’d like to install specific plugins in separate installations, to avoid unneeded views and perspectives visible in totally different environments, like using the Cobol plugin from MicroFocus, that I’d like to not combine with my normal Java development environment.
    Mylyn & MyEclipse Reports would be examples I’m not using with Cobol, and PVCScommander I’m not using with Java.

TIA,
    Ton

#288482 Reply

Loyal Water

I’ll add this note to the feature request but have you tried out pulse? You can create multiple profiles and have different plugins setup with them. Does that work for you?

#288510 Reply

Ton Huisman

Have tried Pulse since it’s release in ’07, but was never able to get it to work properly behind my (rather old) WinGate proxy server, here at home. Pulse 2 was even worse. (I’m allowed to use the software from work at home, installed om my home-, non-portable, PC)
    Have to try again (later) with the archived installer on top of an Eclipse Ganymede. I’ll see when 7.0 goes GA.

Thnx
    Ton

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Can’t install 7.0 M1 for a seconda install (first one is ok)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in