facebook

Can’t start Sun AS Ed. 8, ClassNotFoundException [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jfraney

This domain starts up fine when I run the sun provided command
    I get the following exception when trying to start Sun AS Edition 8 server:

[#|2004-10-12T14:17:52.864-0400|WARNING|sun-appserver-pe8.0.0_01|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=10;|java.l
    ang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/xml/rpc/spi/runtime/Handler
            at com.sun.enterprise.webservice.EjbWebServiceValve.<init>(EjbWebServiceValve.java:57)
            at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.createVS(WebContainer.java:420)
            at com.sun.enterprise.web.PEWebContainer.attachHostToEngine(PEWebContainer.java:419)
            at com.sun.enterprise.web.PEWebContainer.<init>(PEWebContainer.java:151)
            at com.sun.enterprise.web.PEWebContainer.createInstance(PEWebContainer.java:494)
            at com.sun.enterprise.web.PEWebContainerLifecycle.onInitialization(PEWebContainerLifecycle.java:40)
            at com.sun.enterprise.server.ApplicationServer.onInitialization(ApplicationServer.java:220)
            at com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.run(PEMain.java:210)
            at com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.main(PEMain.java:172)
    |#]

Here is my config:

Home directory: /share/opt/SUNWAppServer
      Configuration directory: /share/opt/SUNWAppServer/config
      Server Name: server
      Domain name: myeclipse_domain1
      Domain Directory: /share/opt/SUNQAppServer/domains/myeclipse_domain
      Option Program Arguments: ’empty’

Note: myeclipse_domain1 is a brand new domain, newly created for this test.

I am runing Sun Application Server Edition 8 Update 1.

JDK: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_01-b06, mixed mode)

linux: RedHat 9: Linux Stratocaster 2.4.20-20.9 #1 Mon Aug 18 11:45:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Is there guidance available?

Thanks,
    John

#217479 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The key would to be finding out where the

com/sun/xml/rpc/spi/runtime/Handler

class lives, and appending it to your classpath for the Sun connector.

#217481 Reply

jfraney

I can find the class. It would be in the Sun AS distribution. Is there a reason why it wouldn’t already be in the class path of the connector? I think I will expect that more than just this class’ jar is missing.

Where can I find instructions to append this class’ jar (and maybe others) to the Sun connector?

In another post it was said that the start/stop command was changed on you. Should I even bother with classpath if Sun AS8 Update 1 won’t work at all?

Thanks
    John

#217482 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Is there a reason why it wouldn’t already be in the class path of the connector?

Yes, our connectors actually launch the server class and build out the classpaths manually. We don’t use the startup/shutdown scripts that come with the server (mostly due to needing to hook our source locator into the debugging process of starting the server). So you need to mirror what the startup/shutdown scripts do in a way.

Where can I find instructions to append this class’ jar (and maybe others) to the Sun connector?

Its under the Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Application Servers > Sun Java App Server 8 > Paths… from here you can prepend/append JARs to the classpath for the application server.

In another post it was said that the start/stop command was changed on you. Should I even bother with classpath if Sun AS8 Update 1 won’t work at all?

I was asking in the other thread if you were using 8.1 Beta, there is a known breakage with that, not with 8.0 Update 1… so lets try some things first.

#217485 Reply

jfraney

Thanks.

I put each jar file in $INSTALL_ROOT/lib onto the path and was able to start the server.

Much thanks,
    John

#217487 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Awesome, thanks for following up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Can’t start Sun AS Ed. 8, ClassNotFoundException [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in