facebook

can’t startup tomcat4 [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ywj2740

Hello,
    I downloaded Myeclipse today and created a simple web module project with it. I also set the jdk deployed the project from the ‘MyEclipse->Deploy’ option.

When I start Tomcat, it shows:

a configuration error accurred during startup. please verify the preference field with the prompt:err::No such file or directory
    Error [2] in connect() call
    socket transport failed to init
    Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, rc=-1.

But i can successfully startup the tomcat from its own directory. And I can’t find the so called “err preference field”. Any pointers on what I am missing ?

Thanks

#197173 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Basically, you’ve got a runtime error being reported as a configuration error. It’s caused because the Eclipse debugger couldn’t connect up properly to the Tomcat instance once it was launched. This is normally a JDK incompatibility issue. JDK version 1.4.0 was notoriously buggy in its debugger support. Which version are you launching Tomcat with? I’d recommend the latest 1.4.1 release (1.4.2 is too bleeding edge).

What Eclipse release and build id are you running (Help > About Eclipse Platform)?

What JDK & OS?

Does Eclipse have any other external plugins installed, or was it a clean installation?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197174 Reply

ywj2740

i have my eclipse version 2.1.1, and jdk 1.4.1 on my win2000 system.
    i have previously installed the lomboz and sysdeo tomcat plugin and worked with the lomboz.
    Will there be any conflicts with the plugins?

#197175 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Will there be any conflicts with the plugins?

Honestly, we have no idea. We don’t test with either of them since none are needed with MyEclipse and they tend to confuse the user about what capabilities come from where. I highly recommend a clean Eclipse 2.1.1 installation with MyEclipse installed on it. This will ensure that any installation hassles are minimized and you get to a working product as quickly as possible.

I know that Sysdeo does some odd classloader tricks with Tomcat so if you’ve installed their hack you should back it out too or reinstall Tomcat. Tomcat 5, even though it’s alpha is great because it supports JSR-045 so our JSP debugger can work with it.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197176 Reply

ywj2740

thanks for your suggestion
    i will try to reinstall my eclipse and tomcat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: can’t startup tomcat4 [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in