facebook

Cannot debug PhoneGap on Android via GapDebug

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

bigspring
    Participant

Issue

When a device is connected it appears in the GD interface as expected. However, when PG dev app is launched, this is not reflected on the interface – neither the app icon nor the viewport/inspection tab appear.

Additional Info

• Running latest version of PG, latest version of GD on OSX 10.11.4
    • I’ve added the android debugging entry to config.xml in the project directory
    • The PG app can be launched on the connected device from within the GD interface
    • The problem remains whether the app is launched from the device directly or from within the GD interface
    • The Google Chrome app works fine (i.e. the icon appears when launched, clicking it launches the tab, viewing/inspecting works as expected)
    • I’ve tested multiple devices (including: HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy 5, Samsung S6 Edge – various Android builds ranging from 4.4 to 6)
    • I’ve reinstalled PhoneGap and GapDebug numerous times

I managed to get it working briefly a couple of weeks ago, and used it for a single session of work. It was wonderful! Next time I tried it, it had stopped working again. Nothing in the project itself had changed, to the best of my knowledge.

Given the array of devices tested I can only assume the issue is with my environment or the install/configuration process, but I’ve encountered the same issue running it on another OSX system (don’t have access to check the version right now but it’s running El Capitan).

I’m out of ideas. Any assistance you can offer would be gratefully received!

#478456 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@bigspring
    A few things to try:

1) Open chrome on your android device and nav to a page e.g., http://genuitec.com
    Does the Chrome app and page info show up under the device in the GapDebug UI? You may need to enable “Debug web browser pages” on the Settings “General” tab.
    I’m curious if the issue applies to all webviews running on the device?

2) With your app running and device connected via usb and visible in the GapDebug UI, right-click and choose Inspect from the ctx-menu. In the chrome dev tools, select the console. Do you see any errors? If yes please share what you see.

3) Lastly, I’m wondering if there is an odd adb communications issue. (GapDebug uses adb to talk android devices, chrome dev tools now uses a different approach that does not use adb) Please try disconnecting your device if connected via usb cable. Then kill the adb process (pkill adb). Reconnect your device and launch the app. GapDebug should attempt to restart adb automatically. Does the app appear under the device in GapDebug?

4) Last thought, would you try installing and debugging this nop cordova app for android. I just tested it with GapDebug on nexus 5, android 6. Here’s details of the app http://www.ezartech.com/blog/2016/3/15/9ljab7bqteaivk6sidmufsoy1nt2pm
    Download debuggable apk from the following url until (may 11) https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/818ae41eed45423adf4ca9f89ffed4c920160504161033/f814e1a1d53459e538db6194b79c4e3820160504161033/a3aa38

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Cannot debug PhoneGap on Android via GapDebug

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in