facebook

Cannot expand DOM nodes when inspecting iOS app on Mac – FIXED

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mikedailor
    Participant

Ed. by michael – Marking FIXED based on follow up info from @mikedailor

Hi, I am debugging an iOS app on an iPhone SE and I am unable to expand the DOM nodes. There are no twirl-down arrows on any of the nodes, and the content within the nodes is displayed as an ellipsis (so <div>…</div>). Anyone know what’s going on here? Thanks in advance.

iOS 9.3.1
    OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan
    Safari 9.1
    GapDebug 2.3.0

No twirl-down arrows, can't expand nodes.

#483503 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Thx for the report. I’m out of the office until Monday. I’ll investigate and get back to you asap.

#483926 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

hey mike,
    I’ve not been able to replicate this issue. I recall seeing it last year but we impl’ed a fix way back then. Is there any other info or observation you might be able to share to guide me in on isolating this issue?

Lastly, if you enable debugging of web pages in gapdebug, open safari to a live page (genuitec.com) and then open a debugger tab on the webpage do you see this unexpanding node issue?

#484337 Reply

mikedailor
    Participant

Hi Michael, thanks for looking into this. When I went back to replicate the issue I found that software updates had been applied overnight, OS X is now at 10.11.5 (was 10.11.4), Safari is 9.1.1 (was 9.1) and the problem has gone away. I don’t think anyone will blame me for saying “I’m good with that” rather than rolling back to see if I can reproduce. 🙂

Thanks for a great product, don’t know how I ever got along without it.

#484485 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Thx for the follow up. I’m marking this thread as FIXED. Please ping me if you see this issue reemerge.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Cannot expand DOM nodes when inspecting iOS app on Mac – FIXED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in