facebook

Cannot find db2 drivers

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jmejiaa

Hi All,

ME cannot find DB2 drivers when starting my server, If I start it with a stand alone script it starts up fine. I have the admin server running when I run my app server within ME, this is the error I am getting, let me know if you need more specifics.

This is a type 2 driver.

<Nov 12, 2008 6:50:36 PM EST> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application ‘JDBC Data Source-0’ due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException: .
    weblogic.application.ModuleException:
    at weblogic.jdbc.module.JDBCModule.prepare(JDBCModule.java:268)
    at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:93)
    at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow$1.next(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:360)
    at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:26)
    at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.prepare(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:56)
    Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
    weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceSystemException:
    Could not load ‘COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

If this is a type-4 JDBC driver, it could occur if the JDBC
    driver is not in the system CLASSPATH.

If this is a type-2 JDBC driver, it may also indicate that
    the Driver native layers(DBMS client lib or driver DLL)
    have not been installed properly on your system
    or in your PATH environment variable.
    This is most likely caused by one of the following:
    1. The native layer SO, SL, or DLL could not be found.
    2. The file permissions on the native layer SO, SL, or DLL
    have not been set properly.
    3. The native layer SO, SL, or DLL exists, but is either
    invalid or corrupted.

For more information, read the installation documentation
    for your JDBC Driver.

#290949 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you try adding the jar to the class path under Windows > Prefs > MyEclipse > Server > Path. Does that help?

#290958 Reply

jmejiaa

I do not have a Myeclipse option in Window – Pref, I do have Myeclipse enterprise workbench however, I can go into servers-weblogic-weblogic 9.x and add the jar file to the classpath, this does not work however.

Now I am wondering why i do not have that myeclipse option as I have seen it mentioned in help files in the past.

#290959 Reply

I has this same error… and the problem was resolved after install some PTFs (there are like services packs) for DB2. Now if DBA’s did some other changes on DB2 cfg, I can’t tell you.

#290960 Reply

jmejiaa

Hmm, would this explain why my script works but Myeclipse won’t?

I work for a pretty big company and I don’t think the DBA’s would make a change specific to my machine.

#290967 Reply

jmejiaa

I have fixed this by adding the SQL/BIN directory to the server path, now I get the following:
    ERROR 11-13 11:52:27 com.ibatis.dao.client.DaoException: Failed to queryForList – id [getWebComp], parameterObject [null]. Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot obtain connection: driverURL = jdbc:weblogic:pool:JDBC Data Source-0, props = {EmulateTwoPhaseCommit=false, connectionPoolID=JDBC Data Source-0, jdbcTxDataSource=true, LoggingLastResource=false, dataSourceName=JDBC Data Source-0}.
    Nested Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to Generate Wrapper Class

#290968 Reply

jmejiaa

Ok, sorry for triple posting but I added the other db2 jars to the weblogic classpath and the directory and it is working.

It’s weird because when starting the logged showed these jar’s as being picked up.

thanks for the help.

#290995 Reply

Loyal Water

Your welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Cannot find db2 drivers

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in