facebook

Cannot find XML Editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

anders

Hi

I have Eclipse 3.1.0 installed on windows XP. Also, I have just installed MyEclipse IDE 3.8.4 build ID: 20050117200 – 3.8.4.
    My problem is that I cannot find my XML Editor. Am I supposed to add the plug-in separately afterwards???
    Apologies if my question is too stupid but it’s the first time I need to use the XML Editor and thought it would be available the same way the Stuts Editor is.

Cheers.
    Anders

#224258 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Anders,
    It isn’t a stupid question. Try and right click on your XML file that you want to open, go to “Open With” and select “MyEclipse XML Editor”. If you can’t see it, then something is wrong with the setup.

ALso you can make this permanent by adjusting the file associations in the Window > Preferences > Workbench > File Association screen.

#224276 Reply

anders

Hi again

If I right click the XML file I can’t see the ‘MyElipse XML Editor’ option. Furthermore, it’s not available under File Association screen either.
    Any ideas???
    Can I provide you with any error logs, settings etc????

Cheers.
    Anders

#224280 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I completely overlooked this:

I have Eclipse 3.1.0 installed on windows XP.

1) Make sure you are using Eclipse 3.1M4
    2) Make sure you are installing the MyEclipse 3.8.4 Beta for Eclipse 3.1M4

If you are not using M4 or are not using the 3.8.4 Beta for Eclipse 3.1M4 (and instead are using the 3.0.x compatible install) then having broken editors and preferences and such like this will occur.

#224340 Reply

anders

1) Make sure you are using Eclipse 3.1M4
    2) Make sure you are installing the MyEclipse 3.8.4 Beta for Eclipse 3.1M4

I can confirm that I’m using Eclipse 3.1M4 and MyEclipse 3.8.4 Beta for Eclipse 3.1M4.
    I can see the com.ibm.xmleditor_13.8.3 plugin under \MyEclipse\eclipse\plugins ……. is that the one that is needed and is correct that it should be there and not in \eclipse\plugins ( different location ).
    Both MyEclipse and Eclipse are on the same drive but in different folders …. that’s ok right???

Cheers.
    Anders

#224349 Reply

Riyad Kalla

is that the one that is needed and is correct that it should be there and not in \eclipse\plugins ( different location ).
    Both MyEclipse and Eclipse are on the same drive but in different folders …. that’s ok right???

Yes, yes and yes.

Ok I don’t know what is going on, so let’s check your log file for exceptions first (look near the end for the most recent ones): (workspace dir)\.metadata\.log

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Cannot find XML Editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in