facebook

Cannot install Delivery Center on headless v-server in unattended mode

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sbeh
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried installing SDC (2015-sr1) on a hosted virtual server with no graphical interface. I followed the steps from the installation guide, especially the part about the unattended installation but the installations fails. After reading these support forums, namely https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/insufficient-memory/, https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/problem-installing-sdc-delivery-hub-on-ubuntu/, https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installer-fails-with-0-virtual-memory-on-osx-yosemite/ and applying the given solutions I could get rid of some errors, but the installation still fails with `Code: -3
    Details: Insufficient Diskspace` which is obviously not true.

$ df -h
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/vzfs       200G  8,0G  193G   4% /

Please tell me if there might be anything missing, or if the installer can work at all under that given setup.

#392415 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

sbeh,

First, let me apologize that we haven’t gotten you an answer yet and also thank you for posting a question that shows you’ve gone through a good bit of research on your own. We’ve begun looking into this for you but a few questions have come up, namely:

Which specific operating system are you trying to install on? If Linux, which release and flavor exactly, for example.
      Which filesystem houses temp space on your system and how much disk is available on that filesystem?Which filesystem houses swap space on your system and how much disk is available on that filesystem?
      What is the output of the ‘java -version’ command?
      Can you provide a zip containing the console output of the installer as well as logs generated?

With those items we should be able to provide a solution quite quickly. Thank you again for your patience as we work through figuring this out with you.

–Scott
    Genuitec Support

#392464 Reply

support-jed
    Keymaster

Hi sbeh,

You can disable the memory checks in the installer by appending the following to the command you use to launch the installer. Please let us know if this works for you. We have many users installing Secure Delivery Center into virtual machines (VMs) so this should work!

./secure-delivery-hub-2015-sr1-installer.run -vmargs -Dserver.install.skip.swap.check=true

Cheers,
    Jed Anderson

#392638 Reply

sbeh
    Participant

Thank you for your support. The headless installation runs fine now.
    What did help:
    having 32 bit version of Java installed and setting the -vmargs -Dserver.install.skip.swap.check=true parameter.

$ java -version
    java version "1.7.0_75"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.4) (7u75-2.5.4-1~trusty1)
    OpenJDK Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)

$ ./secure-delivery-hub-2015-sr1-installer.run -vmargs -Dserver.install.skip.swap.check=true --unattended /home/sdctest/unattended.properties

What did not help:
    setting the -vmargs -Dcom.genuitec.pulse.debug.memory.check=true from the other posts I mentioned before

Just for the record, the OS is Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64 on a vzfs filesystem with no swap partition.

Again, thaks for the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Cannot install Delivery Center on headless v-server in unattended mode

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in