facebook

Cannot install on FreeBSD 5.2.1 [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dpoland

Hello,

I’m trying to install EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_020700RC2.bin on FreeBSD 5.2.1.
    This is what I get…

Preparing to install…
    Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive…
    Configuring the installer for this system’s environment…

Launching installer…

Then I see the splash screen and then a dialog box tells me I cannot install on this system.

I tried using -i console for console mode but that mode is not supported. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
    Doug

#204371 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Doug,

I don’t think you’re missing anything. Our double-click installer isn’t configured for FreeBSD because we can’t test on it. I have some good news though; beginning with 2.7 / 3.7 GA we’ll additionally be providing a zip file of MyEclipse with manual installation instructions. This should allow you to install, but since this isn’t a platform we regularly test on, we can’t be assured that everything will work as expected. I encourage you to give it a try once 2. is available (looks like Monday).

#204381 Reply

dpoland

Thanks, looking forward to your manual install option. I’ll be sure to let you know if there’s any problem on FreeBSD 🙂

#204866 Reply

dpoland

Hi Scott,

Couldn’t find manual install instructions in the installer.zip file from 2.7GA. Little help please 🙂

#204869 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Doug,
    The zip file may be incomplete, if you unzip the manual install, you will get 2 directories and an HTML file that is the install directions. What are you seeing when you unzip the manual install?

#204872 Reply

dpoland

Scott,

My apologies. I’m such a hacker I downloaded the linux .bin and was poking around in it’s installer.zip file. I didn’t even
    see the manual installer on the download page. I have downloaded the “manual” version, extracted the contents and
    see the instructions. Thanks…

#204879 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Doug,
    I’m glad it worked.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Cannot install on FreeBSD 5.2.1 [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in