facebook

Cannot Profile Web Application With Visual VM

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

zepernick01
    Participant

I am having problems with my web application running out of memory and found this help article about the Visual VM in MyEclipse

https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/deploy/profiling-with-visualvm-for-myeclipse/

I verified that I have visual vm installed. When I go to profile as, the only options I have are Java Applet and Java Application. It does not have the option for MyEclipse Server Application. We are running the Professional Subscription. I did not see a note on the help page regarding it only being available for a certain subscription. Can anyone please tell me why this option is not showing up?

I have attached my installation details along with print screens of what I am seeing.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #389801 Reply

zepernick01
    Participant

the upload of the config failed on my first post so I had to zip it here

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #390040 Reply

support-swapna

zepernick01,

The profiling is no longer available on MyEclipse Servers from MyEclipse 2015.

Can you please try increasing the -Xmx value in the myeclipse.ini file (located in the MyEclipse installation directory) and see if it helps ? Try increasing the -Xmx value by 100 each time and check.

If the issue persists even after increasing the memory, then please give us some more information :

1. Are you working with a large workspace ? If yes approximately how many MB?
    2. Please share the MyEclipse Installation Details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
    3. Also share the .log file which is located at /.metadata/.log for further investigation.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Cannot Profile Web Application With Visual VM

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in