facebook

Cannot start Eclipse

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wbodwell
    Participant

Last night, it was working fine, but this morning it crashes on starting. I get an error has occurred. See the log file… Looking in the log file I see several issues resolving Genuitec modules.

For example…
    ———–
    !SESSION 2019-02-15 09:25:06.100 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=4.9.0.I20180906-0745
    java.version=1.8.0_191
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.code 4 0 2019-02-15 09:25:06.722
    !MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: com.genuitec.eclipse.code [3]
    Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.resources; visibility:=”reexport”

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:447)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1685)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1664)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1627)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1558)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:233)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:343)

<Full log file attached>

I tried starting Eclipse with -clean -clearPersistedState but that doesn’t seem to help. Any suggestions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #609005 Reply

Aaron Lara

@wbodwell, Really Sorry you are having issues with CodeMix. It looks like some update went wrong :(.

Here’s what you can try:
    1. Move away all the plugins that start with com.genuitec.eclipse.code*.
    2. Start eclipse. It should start up now, but CodeMix will not work.
    3. Uninstall and Install CodeMix:
    3.1. Go to Help > About > Installation Details.
    3.2. Look for CodeMix and click on it, then click on Uninstall....
    3.3. After uninstalling you can install CodeMix from the Eclipse Marketplace or from this update site: http://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/ci/

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#609008 Reply

wbodwell
    Participant

Can you be a little more specific on step 1? I tried moving them out of workspace/.metadata/.plugins. I also tried .p2/pool/plugins. Is there a different location?

Thanks,
    Walter

#609010 Reply

Aaron Lara

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Remove them from your <Eclipse install dir>/plugins/ directory.

#609011 Reply

wbodwell
    Participant

That didn’t work. I did a search for files with genuitec in the name and moved those off and finally got rid of the Genuitec errors, but the final error still prevents it from starting:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:81)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:391)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:246)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:595)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1501)

#609012 Reply

wbodwell
    Participant

I downloaded the newest version of Eclipse and pointed it at my workspace directory and I’m now up and going. Will reinstall CodeMix when I feel brave.

#609013 Reply

Aaron Lara

Sorry that the steps I suggested didn’t work for you. Looks like some update got you eclipse install into a bad state. I found an interesting possible solution at This thread. Hope it works for you as well.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Cannot start Eclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in