facebook

cant do JSP Debugging using Tomcat5

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Empty
    Participant

👿

Guys

I dont know what to tell you. The MyEclipse plugin is great accept that I cant get the JSP Debugger to work.

This is what I get when I try

Failed to connect to remote VM
    java.io.IOException: EOF encountered during handshake
    org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportImpl.PerformHandshake(SocketTransportImpl.java:151)
    org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportImpl.attach(SocketTransportImpl.java:48)
    org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketAttachingConnectorImpl.attach(SocketAttachingConnectorImpl.java:103)
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.SocketAttachConnector.connect(SocketAttachConnector.java:131)
    org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.JavaRemoteApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(JavaRemoteApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:75)
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:569)
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:788)
    org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:955)
    org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

I dont know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help 😮

#228838 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I dont know what I am doing wrong.

I do, you are making it too difficult. When you start your application server with MyEclipse using teh toolbar button, the remote debugger is *already* connected to the app server for you, so all you need to do is just start setting break points, no need to go Run the Debugger or anything.

Have a look here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/webprojects/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: cant do JSP Debugging using Tomcat5

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in