facebook

Cant find internal preview

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hvc

Hi,

I’m new to ME. I looked at the demo on this website and found that we can view the output of a jsp file inside eclipse using an internal browser. But I couldnt find one on my ME. Can anybody help me out with this? Thanks in advance!

#201781 Reply

When you have a JSP page open in the editor, look at the bottom of the editor pane – should be two tabs, one for code and the other for the preview.

#201783 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thanks for taking this on Nogardtla.

hvc did you find everything ok?

#201786 Reply

hvc

the problem is I cant find the tab at the bottom! I’m using Eclipse 3 M4 with ME 3.6.4. I can find the tab within Eclipse 2.1 by choosing External preview in Windows -> Open view.

#201787 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Please reply to this thread, and hit the “Insert” button right above the message body and fill out the questions (To let us know what versions of software you are using). Its possible the version of ME you are using didn’t have the Preview feature in it.

If you are using the newest release of ME (2.7RC2) then double click a JSP page, and look right below where the horizontal scroll bar would be, you should see two tabby-looking-things that are left-justified. One says “Source” and the other says “Preview”.

I’m not sure when this feature was added, so if you are running 2.6.4 and don’t see it, my only guess would be that its a newer 2.7 feature. (please someone correct me if I’m wrong)

#201790 Reply

Riyad Kalla

hvc,
    I checked the ME website and under the 2.6 features list it has “JSP Rendering” which I assume is the preview mode.

If you right click on a JSP file in Eclipse, and go the “Open with” menu, is the “MyEclipse JSP Editor” the default JSP editor? If not, can you open it with the MyEclipse JSP editor and see if that fixes the problem?

#201792 Reply

hvc

With ME 2.7RC2 and Eclipse 2.1.0, I can display the external preview tab by going to Window->Show view->Others->Update manager->external preview. But I cant find it in Eclipse 3.0 M4 (with ME 3.6.4 installed)! So is it true that we cant use external preview in Eclipse 3.0?

ps: thanks a lot, guys, for replying me almost instantaneously!

#201807 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Wait, are you asking about external preview or internal preview? We just changed subjects here…

As far as anything Eclipse 3.0 related, I would take it with a grain of salt. Its under heavy development and everything is subject to change. So while external preview might not be there in M4, it may be there in M6 and gone in M7 and back again in M8.

#201894 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

One other confusion is that the preview page for the JSP editor was not available in the 3.0 builds until 3.7 RC1.

#201902 Reply

Riyad Kalla

… and it can only be used on Tuesdays 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Cant find internal preview

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in