facebook

Can't startup tomcat server in eclipse anymore, thanks to livepreview asit seems

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rmmmm
    Participant

When trying to start up the tomcat server in the server tabs, it fails since the new codemix version.
    I get one of the two following errors. They both seems to have to do with codemix.
    Even “temporarely” disabling codemix in the settings won’t work. I’ll deinstall it for now. since i need to work…:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2020-07-21 09:56:16.747
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Publishing to Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost...".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
            at jetbrains.exodus.env.EnvironmentImpl.<clinit>(EnvironmentImpl.java:51)
            at jetbrains.exodus.env.Environments.newInstance(Environments.java:52)
            at jetbrains.exodus.env.Environments.newInstance(Environments.java:47)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livepreview.common.LPDeploymentDB.<init>(LPDeploymentDB.java:27)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livepreview.common.LPMappingService.getDBFor(LPMappingService.java:83)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livepreview.common.LPMappingService.getDBFor(LPMappingService.java:77)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livepreview.common.LPMappingService.loadAllDeployments(LPMappingService.java:182)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livepreview.common.LPMappingService.<init>(LPMappingService.java:57)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livepreview.common.LPMappingService.<clinit>(LPMappingService.java:47)
            at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livepreview.deploy.InjectCSSIDFlatFile.getModificationStamp(InjectCSSIDFlatFile.java:145)
            at org.eclipse.wst.web.internal.deployables.FlatComponentDeployable$ComponentModuleResource.getModificationStamp(FlatComponentDeployable.java:381)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:406)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:413)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.fillCache(ModulePublishInfo.java:318)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.getDelta(ModulePublishInfo.java:398)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:368)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.getPublishedResourceDelta(Server.java:1590)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.getPublishedResourceDelta(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:700)
            at org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core.internal.TomcatServerBehaviour.getPublishedResourceDelta(TomcatServerBehaviour.java:981)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.computeDelta(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:876)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:911)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:776)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3184)
            at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:357)
            at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

or sometimes following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2020-07-21 10:01:43.839
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Publishing to Tomcat v9.0 Server at localhost…”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livepreview.common.LPMappingService
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.code.livepreview.deploy.InjectCSSIDFlatFile.getModificationStamp(InjectCSSIDFlatFile.java:145)
    at org.eclipse.wst.web.internal.deployables.FlatComponentDeployable$ComponentModuleResource.getModificationStamp(FlatComponentDeployable.java:381)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:406)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:413)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.fillCache(ModulePublishInfo.java:318)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.getDelta(ModulePublishInfo.java:398)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.getPublishedResourceDelta(Server.java:1590)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.getPublishedResourceDelta(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:700)
    at org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core.internal.TomcatServerBehaviour.getPublishedResourceDelta(TomcatServerBehaviour.java:981)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.computeDelta(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:876)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:911)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:776)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3184)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:357)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)
    `

#661164 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

btw. after deinstalling codemix, everything works again…

#661210 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
    I ran few tests on Eclipse 2020-06 + CodeMix 2020.4.7 + Tomcat 9.0.30 and do not see the reported issue.

Can you please share with us more details?

1. Eclipse Version and Build ID from Help > About Eclipse dialog.
    2. Exact version of Tomcat 9
    3. Is the server startup failing if there are any projects deployed to it? If no projects deployed, does the server start fine?
    4. Is any particular file type open in the editor with Live Preview enabled? Did you also check by disabling Live Preview from the editor? There is a toggle in the right top of the editor which turns of Live Preview.
    5. Please share the full .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation. Rename the extension to .txt and attach it here.

Sorry that you had to uninstall CodeMix to continue working. I will file the stracktrace with the dev team in the meanwhile to see if we can figure out what is happening.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#661270 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

Version: 2020-06 (4.16.0)
    Build id: 20200615-1200

9.0.35-1

interesing enough it works, when there are no project deployed to it.

4. I’ve got no idea what live preview is doing, but it definetely is deactivated ;-).
    But I’ve tried it out. Starting up the server, with some .java files open. It doesn’t work. Closing all files. Not it works. Reopening the files, it still works. Restart eclipse, without closing the files, so they automatically get opened on starting eclipse, => it doesn’t work again. Until I close all files, then it works…

5. done. the first log file is only the log until the error appears. The 2nd log file is with restaring eclipse and doing the whole procedure as described in 4.

#661271 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

as it seems you were serious about changing the file type šŸ˜‰

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #661274 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

hmm as it seems. closing all files as described in point 4 doesn’t work anymore… maybe I need to open and close some special files, or maybe there’s a timing issue or whatever. I’ll just deinstall codemix again, until it works…

#661419 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the log files and the details.
    The dev team is looking into the logs.

Can you please clarify if there are any other file types open in the editor with Live Preview enabled apart from the Java files? Specifically CSS files with Live Preview enabled? You mention that Live Preview is disabled. In which editor is it disabled, coz CodeMix Java editor does not have Live Preview button. Not sure if you have already uninstalled CodeMix, but if its still installed, then please share the screenshot of the editor to help us get a visual.

Also please let us know in which editor are java files opened. For Java files we recommend working with the standard Eclipse editor instead of CodeMix editor as Eclipse editor gives better support for it.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#661430 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! From what I see in your logs, it looks like either “SLF4J API Module” plugin is not installed or it’s an old version. Can you please check which version do you have installed? To do this go to Help > About > Installation Details..., then go to the plugins tab and filter text with “lsf4j”. I have version 1.7.30.v20200204…

If you have an older version or if it’s not present you can install “SLF4J API Module” from this repository:
    https://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20200526004052/repository

See attached ScreenShot.

Please let us know if this solved your issue.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    #661438 Reply

rmmmm
    Participant

Also please let us know in which editor are java files opened. For Java files we recommend working with the standard Eclipse editor instead of CodeMix editor as Eclipse editor gives better support for it.

I’ve only had java files open. I use the eclipse editor for them. The only files I use codemix for (knowingly) are vue files. And there the livepreview feature definetely is disabled. Unfortunately I can’t take a screenshot right now, since I don’t have time to reinstall codemix at the moment.

Hello! From what I see in your logs, it looks like either ā€œSLF4J API Moduleā€ plugin is not installed or itā€™s an old version. Can you please check which

slf4j seems to be installed. But as it seems in two different versions. Would that make a difference? see screenshot attached.
    I’ve got no idea how I could get rid of the older version…

Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Can't startup tomcat server in eclipse anymore, thanks to livepreview asit seems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in