facebook

Can't Switch Workspace – ME 2015 CI19

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

curmudgeon99
    Participant

I am not able to switch workspaces. I try, select the one I want and My Eclpse opens with the previous workspace. Even if I make it pick the workspace every time.

Version: 2015 CI 19
    Build id: 13.0.0-20160113

#470453 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Just to be clear, you’re saying the workspace selection dialog shows up (before MyEclipse starts), you select a new workspace location, and that is ignored and MyEclipse starts with the previous location?

Is this the first version of 2015 you are using or did the problem start occurring only after you updated to CI 19?

#470521 Reply

curmudgeon99
    Participant

No, not what I’m saying.

I am already in a running instance of MyEclipse. I click on the File dropdown and choose “Switch Workspaces”. I select my new workspace–one I had just been using–and MyEclipse dutifully closes but then it re-opens the former workspace–NOT the different workspace I had selected. Does not matter how many times I do this, it always returns to the first workspace.

#470523 Reply

curmudgeon99
    Participant

Your EDIT button above is non-functional in Chrome. So adding an addendum.

Since you folks release these point releases fairly frequently, I cannot answer your last question. (I usually work in the same workspace for months at a time.)

#470583 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

curmudgeon99,

I don’t see the Edit button problem on my Chrome, version “48.0.2564.109 m” on Windows 7. Which OS and Chrome version are you using?

Regarding your main problem, thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately, we couldn’t replicate the problem here.

Could you please try starting MyEclipse with the clean option, to see if that fixes the problem. If not, there are a couple of other ways of switching to a new workspace:

• Start MyEclipse with the -data switch. If you use a shortcut to start MyEclipse, add the -data "<path to workspace>" argument.
    • Instead of the Switch Workspace menu item, use the Launch New Workspace menu item. This will launch a new instance of MyEclipse, on a selected workspace. You can close the original instance, once the new instance is launched.

If none of this helps, please clear the error log (in the .metadata folder of the workspace), replicate the problem and attach the log to your reply (it can be exported to another file from the Error Log view or simply attach the .log file, though you may need to rename it first). And please let us know the OS and OS version, as asked above.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Can't Switch Workspace – ME 2015 CI19

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in