facebook

catalina.properties being overwritten upon launch of Tomcat 7

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bill Gottlieb
    Participant

I’m using MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 2015 CI 19
    Build id: 13.0.0-20160113

My application works just fine outside of eclipse. In eclipse, the server fails because eclipse is deploying xfile jars that conflict with the Metro jars I want to use. Therefore, I want to remove xfire jars from being deployed when I start Tomcat. No matter what I do, they keep showing up.

I’ve searhed and modified all 3 catalina.properties I could find in MyEclipse, as it appears the shared.loader property is what’s causing xfire to be loaded. I simply change it to ‘shared.loader=’.
    1) server view (../Servers/MyEclipse Tomcat v7.0-config)
    2) ../me_7\backup
    3) ../.metadata/.me_tcat7/conf (this is the one Tomcat is actually using)

When I start Tomcat, it always places the shared.loader xfire entry back in the catalina.properties file. I can’t figure out where this is coming from.

How do I stop this and just use the configuration I’ve defined?

I’ve found this thread (https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-2015-deploy-to-tomcat-problems/) but I don’t see the option for ‘Use workspace metadata’ when I go to the overview page.

#474038 Reply

support-swapna

Bill,

MyEclipse Tomcat 7 works in use ‘workspace metadata’ mode always. I could replicate the issue with the shared.loader property in the catalina.properties file being overwritten when the MyEclipse Tomcat 7 is started. I have filed a bug for the dev team to look into it.

Till the fix is out, the only workaround is to configure and use external installation of Tomcat 7. The options discussed in this thread : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-2015-deploy-to-tomcat-problems/ are for external Tomcat installation. You can set the external Tomcat to use ‘Workspace metadata’.

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

Sorry for inconvenience caused. Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #474128 Reply

Bill Gottlieb
    Participant

Yes, the external Tomcat works fine. Thank you!

#474143 Reply

support-swapna

Bill,

Glad that it works.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: catalina.properties being overwritten upon launch of Tomcat 7

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in