facebook

Certified Popular Software Pack questions

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

Hi

Two questions regarding the software packs:

1. Are there any release notes to show what is different between the releases? What I’m mainly intrested in are the added/removed plugins.

2. The software packs, which Eclipse versions will they support?

#338770 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Fedrik,

We don’t currently provide details of software pack changes from version to version.

And for #2, we make an effort for all software to resolve with all supported Eclipse versions, that said, some software is not yet available for 4.2, though we periodically review for compatibility.

To better understand, do you find it important to know differences and compatibility from version to version. If you can explain the necessity a little bit, can look into what can be done.

Thanks

Best Regards
    Radhika – SDC Support.

#338796 Reply

Fredrik Lindqvist
    Participant

On further examination I realize I misunderstood how the marketplace worked. It contains all the installed software packs. I thought that a if a plugin was no longer available in a newer pack it wouldnt be in the marketplace.

That makes this issue less important.

#338809 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Fredrik,

You are right, Marketplace does show the popular pack software that you have installed.
    Whatever version of the pack you installed – that software is available.
    Regularly packs have the same software most of the time and the marketplace only gets the latest versions of software.

Eg: You have installed March popular pack. And you Marketplace now shows all the software that is part of March version.
    Later, when July version is available, you go ahead and install that, Say that July version has 2 new software, and so your marketplace will display 2 new software and if July does not have one that the March pack has it will be displayed on the marketplace but the marketplace will pick the software from the march pack, in other words we pick all latest software from the packs

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Best Regards
    Radhika – SDC Support.

#354119 Reply

Sumer

This is very nice and awesome post
    I like it very much
    Thanks alot…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Certified Popular Software Pack questions

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in