facebook

Certified Popular Software Pack versions

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BCBS-IL

There are 4 existing Certified Software Packs, which display under SDC as 4 library versions of Certified Software.

Does each release (November, July, April, January) contain different software than the previous releases? Or is the latest release supposed to replace the previous release?

I am asking because I want to include AspectJ software in an Eclipse build, which is available in the July Software Pack but not in the November Pack.

I am also recieving an error:
    Unable to resolve Package
    –Unable to resolve [MEB v10.1 Test] for [WINDOWS_X86]; requirements can not be satistifed
    —-Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    ——You requested to install ‘org.eclipse.ajdt.feature.group 0.0.0’ but it could not be found
    –Unable to resolve [MEB v10.1 Test] for [WINDOWS_X86_64]; requirements can not be satistifed
    —-Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
    ——You requested to install ‘org.eclipse.ajdt.feature.group 0.0.0’ but it could not be found

#333544 Reply

sdc-support

Hi Adam,

Sorry you’re running into troubles! You can have multiple versions of the packs installed at the same time with no ill effect.

AspectJ was likely dropped in the November release due to too many resolution failures. We are looking into this.

It looks like you are attempting to install AspectJ into MyEclipse Blue, can you confirm that? It may change the scope of our search as MyEclipse has some software allergies.

Cheers,
    Jed Anderson
    Genuitec Support

#333559 Reply

BCBS-IL

Jed,

Yes, in fact we are installing AspectJ into MyEclipse Blue v10.1 and v10.5

I have noticed some difficulties when installing AJDT into MEB, but I have configured the installation successfully before.

As per my original post, can you confirm that newer Certified Software Packs are intended to replace older packs, or be installed alongside?

#333570 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Adam.

We did some investigation in our side, and indeed AspectJ was removed from November popular pack, we got rid of it by mistake on a cleanup we did, thank you for reporting it, we will bring it back.

Regarding your issue adding AspectJ to a profile, we did some test and in the new shortly upcoming release it works correctly.

Now regarding your questions about the Popular Pack versions, they are designed to work together with out a problem, you should be able to install a newer version of the popular pack without needing to remove the old version. Of course if you want to remove the old versions you can also do that.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Best Regards.
    Héctor – SDC Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Certified Popular Software Pack versions

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in