facebook

Changing the compiler for Eclipse after installation

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kanika

Hi
    I installed the eclipse & specified some path for the compiler. Now i want to change the path for javac. Is there a way for that (basically when i m running my build.xml, it is showing a different path than the one i want).

Thanx

#263951 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This is most likely the javac executable getting picked up from your PATH environment variable or your JAVA_HOME environment variable. Check those in order.

#264059 Reply

kanika

Hi
    I had already checked these variables. Actually, both of these are pointing to C:\bea\jdk142_05 and this is what i want it to be. But when i run build.xml from MyEclipse, it picks the path from C:\Program Files\Java 1.5 ….. . How can i change it ? Actually there is one way but it is like this: I should start MyEclipse using a cmd file in which i first specify java_home as C:\bea\jdk142_05 and then i write myeclipse.exe. But i wanted a permanent solution rather than writing this file & clicking on it everytime.

Thanks

#264062 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m not exactly sure where Ant is picking up the path from… have you checked the Ant docs? They might shed some light on this for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Changing the compiler for Eclipse after installation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in