facebook

Check out Maven Projects from SCM, find a new SCM connector

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We are now working in your recent release of MyEclipse 10 with a better maven support, and we are trying to make a “Check out Maven Projects from SCM”, our question is Where we can find or add a new SCM connector ? (in our case SVN), in order to select it in the combo box of the SCM type and make the checkout with our repository url.

Greetings.

#320951 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Tradeco,

Sorry you’re seeing this issue. I’ve escalated it to development and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

#320955 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Tradeco,

We’re still looking at this but, in the meantime, you can install a subclipse SCM connector (assuming you have Subclipse installed) using the following steps.

Go to the config center (Help->MyEclipse Configuration Center)
    Select the Software tab and click on Add Site
    Provide a name for the site and enter the following URL:
    https://repository.sonatype.org/content/sites/forge-sites/m2eclipse-subclipse/0.13.0/N/0.13.0.201107071330/
    Wait for a while until the new site is added to the list. Fully expand the site then right-click on the Maven SCM handler for Subclipse plug-in and select Add to Profile.
    If the config center is checking for updates, you may have to wait a while for your change to show up. When it does, click the Apply button and follow the wizard.

I hope this helps.

#320972 Reply

@support-tony wrote:

Tradeco,

We’re still looking at this but, in the meantime, you can install a subclipse SCM connector (assuming you have Subclipse installed) using the following steps.

Go to the config center (Help->MyEclipse Configuration Center)
    Select the Software tab and click on Add Site
    Provide a name for the site and enter the following URL:
    https://repository.sonatype.org/content/sites/forge-sites/m2eclipse-subclipse/0.13.0/N/0.13.0.201107071330/
    Wait for a while until the new site is added to the list. Fully expand the site then right-click on the Maven SCM handler for Subclipse plug-in and select Add to Profile.
    If the config center is checking for updates, you may have to wait a while for your change to show up. When it does, click the Apply button and follow the wizard.

I hope this helps.

Thank you it worked out!

#322068 Reply

Hi,

I have followed the approach given above. I was able to checkout as Maven Project.
    But after checked out the project it is throwing unable to download some of the plugins.
    My build works fine only the pom.xml file shows the error saying below.

maven-surefire-plugin/2.7.1/maven-surefire-plugin-2.7.1.pom. Error code 407, Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy service is denied. ) I have tried all options in setting the proxy details but no luck.

It is so sad that after so many releases also still m2eclipse or Maven4MyEclipse is not stable.

#322075 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

naresh,

It seems that maven requires its own proxy setup. You can find out about the settings.xml file at this link.

For example:

<settings>
      <proxies>
        <proxy>
          <active>true</active>
          <protocol>http</protocol>
          <host>proxy.somewhere.com</host>
          <port>8080</port>
          <username>proxyuser</username>
          <password>somepassword</password>
          <nonProxyHosts>www.google.com|*.somewhere.com</nonProxyHosts>
        </proxy>
      </proxies>
    </settings>

Obviously, you will need to change the data for your own situation.

Please let us know if this helps.

#322094 Reply

Hi,

We first tested using the proxy settings and the we tried to remove proxy seetings butu both has same result.
    Infact we are using Maven and Eclipse for almost 7 years.
    We are using internally Nexus repository for all the artifacts.
    When we run maven build It is looking for Maven-Surefire-Plugin 2.5 version, when i say project clean i try to download 2.7.1 version and we have uploaded that version in the Nexus Repository, but it still give the same error.
    From Maven4MyEclipse it always throw Error Code 407 Authorization Error.

Can you please let us know from where Maven4MyEclipse checks the proxy settings.
    We have given in the Windows/Preferences/General/NetworkConnections
    and as well in the Settings.xml.

Thanks,
    Naresh

#322145 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

naresh,

Maven4MyEclipse uses the settings.xml file, just as maven, outside of myeclipse does. The fact that you’re getting that authorization error suggests that maven is, indeed, trying to use a proxy but doesn’t have the correct authentication information for it.

Can you try the maven build outside of MyEclipse, using the settings.xml file to define the proxy and let us know what happens?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Check out Maven Projects from SCM, find a new SCM connector

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in