facebook

Cincyplanet new blog

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. App Showcase, Stories, Discussions
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Brandon

I have a new development blog going. Ill be talking about my latest apps and my delving into the MyEclipse IDE as well as other tools and resources, and of course Mobione. You can check it out here:
    http://cincyplanet.wordpress.com

#350447 Reply

Unknown Author
    Participant

This seems very much like a sponsored blog. From a user perspective, are you seriously advocating a piece of software with a yearly subscription attached over a product that’s $99 forever? Come on…

-1TC

#350467 Reply

Brandon

They do not pay me to run this blog, I started it because as I use the MyEclipse IDE and other tools want to be able to focus the blog on more of a back-end programming with PhoneGap and other platforms. While I still really like MobiOne and use it for some projects it just does not have the capabilites I need for some of my apps I am developing. I am trying to learn more data service and integration with other libraries and with many of them MobiOne just doesn’t play nice.

Actually, the cost for the pro version is $65 a year, still cheaper than any of Adobe’s subscriptions which start at $10 a month for one app.

#350489 Reply

Unknown Author
    Participant

That’s why I don’t use Photoshop,either.

-1TC

#350493 Reply

paulD

I got the Adobe CC package. It is expensive granted, but i need the reliable tools for some of my projects. The Edge products are fantastic and phone-gap build is also very good.

I have lost faith in Genuitec and Mobione. They leave their users completely in the dark about whats going on. Personally i don’t care about myEclipse, its just one many complex programmers IDE available and that seems to be the direction its all going. Such a shame as Mobione is still the best by far.

#350501 Reply

Unknown Author
    Participant

Let’s not forget that landscape-orientation compilation has been broken – totally broken – for nearly a year!

#350542 Reply

AdamRogan

And no social intagration or push notifications the most popular features that most people want from apps.
    Every client i make apps for want those two features.
    so i use mobione for android and took the plunge and bought a mac to use xcode for apple apps.
    i really like the ease of use with mobione but.

#350543 Reply

AdamRogan

oh and cincy i like your blog. and your cheat sheet is good as well,
    i think its each to their own on what they use and can work with and understand……

#350591 Reply

fbod383

@adrog wrote:

And no social intagration or push notifications the most popular features that most people want from apps.
    Every client i make apps for want those two features.
    so i use mobione for android and took the plunge and bought a mac to use xcode for apple apps.
    i really like the ease of use with mobione but.

are you saying you’ve figured out how to use push notifications?

#350611 Reply

AdamRogan

No No i said (And no social intagration or push notifications)
    sorry

#350613 Reply

AdamRogan

though i cant see why http://docs.urbanairship.com/build/push/phonegap.html wouldnt work. i will have to look into it one day.

#351618 Reply

ozchasers

Hey Brandon,

Enjoyed your blog, in particular the one about alternate app designers then imported to MyEclipse.

How have you been finding Intel XDK? I have downloaded it and playing with it now. I am very new to mobile programming and have been playing around with MobiOne but it just doesn’t have the functionality that I require.

Was hoping you might be able to let me know your experience so far if you still use XDK.

#351620 Reply

Brandon

What kind of functionality are you looking for?
    I have been focusing on using MyEclipse and the RIB designer for a lot of projects, but lately with incorporating framework like Ionic, no good visual editor for this I’ve found.
    Most the visual editors just do not have the flexibility I need as I expand my app building to other frameworks. You can see a sample here where I incorporate the Ionic slide box as we as enhancing the sample tabs demo as Ionic has: http://cincyplanet.com/ionic
    Ionic seems like a powerful framework, but a bit of a learning curve, though there does seem to be some good info around.

#351635 Reply

ozchasers

The main function that I need in MobiOne is Push Notifications. It’s kind of pointless designing an app in MobiOne without this option.

If they were able to get MyEclipse to import MobiOne projects then it wouldn’t be too difficult, but I was told today that they are waiting for the mobile tools to stabilise before they implement that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Cincyplanet new blog

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in