facebook

Class Version 57 Error with MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 14.0.0.me201912041330

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gcrider
    Participant

I just updated to the latest version, and it apparently is using JDK 13. I am still compiling against JDK 11. I have removed everything except my JDK 11.0.5 from the installed JREs. In addition, I have explicitly set my installed JDK 11.0.5 as the Execution Environment for JavaSE-11. In spite of all of this, my code is still being compiled with the JDK 13 that comes with MyEclipse. This is causing Java Class Version errors when running under Tomcat (which also uses JDK 11.0.5).

Is this an error wth MyEclipse? What configuration setting am I missing?

Thanks

#634754 Reply

gcrider
    Participant

Okay, never mind. For some unknown reason, it’s working properly now. It’s a Christmas miracle.

#634940 Reply

Brian Fernandes

🙂 Glad it’s working because you had clearly done all the right things! Please let us know if you run into the issue again.

#635075 Reply

gcrider
    Participant

Okay, this problem has reoccurred. I had removed the JDK 13 (the stock JRE that myeclipse installs) from the list of available JREs. After restarting myeclipse, the JDK 13 reasserted itself in the list of installed JREs. It is not selected. My JDK 11.0.5 is selected. However, when I run an ant build, it runs ant with the JDK 13. This leads to the class version errors.

Really need to get a handle on this.

Thanks

#635102 Reply

Brian Fernandes

The reason the JDK 13 re-appears is because this version of MyEclipse runs on Java 13.

There are two ways in which this can be fixed.

1) If you bring up the External Tools launch configuration (see screenshot), on the JRE tab you should be able to explicitly choose your Java 11 VM. It may not have been set to use the workspace default, which is why it’s using Java 13.

2) Shut down MyEclipse and edit your myeclipse.ini file. Change the -vm argument and point it to the same file from a Java 11 installation. This will force MyEclipse to start with Java 11 and it should essentially behave the same as before.

Please let us know if these help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #635125 Reply

gcrider
    Participant

Thank you Brian. This is helpful. Your step (1) is confirming what I’ve started to do as my work around. I’ll go and update the configs for all of my builds.

Thanks again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Class Version 57 Error with MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 14.0.0.me201912041330

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in