facebook

classpath error in JSP

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lockheed Martin
    Participant

I am following the JSF tutorial http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/jsf/.

After I added <f:loadBundle basename=”com.example.MessageBundle.properties” var=”bundle” /> The JSP validator reports an error “resource bundle cannot be found on classpath”.

How do I correct this error?

MyEclipse version:
    Version: 10.7.1
    Build id: 10.7.1-20130201

Thanks.

#337935 Reply

support-swapna

CDL_LM,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could not replicate the issue at my end.
    1. Can you please make sure the references to the file are correct?
    2. Switch to a new workspace and see if you could replicate the issue there ?

Let us know how it works for you.

#337950 Reply

Lockheed Martin
    Participant

The error doesn’t happen in a brand-new workspace.

The odd thing is, after the test, I switched back to the original workspace where the problem occurred. Now, it is not doing validation at all, even I intentionally enter a wrong file name.

I guess at this point, it seems to be a corrupted workspace issue.

#338016 Reply

support-swapna

CDL_LM,

Please work with a new workspace and I have filed a PR for the dev team to check on the validation issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

#338027 Reply

Lockheed Martin
    Participant

Originally I have MyEclipse installed as a 64-bit application. After I re-install MyEclipse to setup a 32-bit application environment. I had to use the MyEclipse Visual JSP Designer (not the “improved” JSF Designer) to follow the tutorial.

After all is said and done (as far as I could tell), I run the application on the MyEclipse Tomcat but is getting “userLogin.faces not available” error. I posted this problem in a new “topic”:

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/jsf-tutorial-3/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: classpath error in JSP

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in