facebook

Classpath issues using WebLogic 7.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am trying to use MyEclipse to run my WebLogic server (Win2k/WL7.0/WL Portal) and I am running into some problems. If I run the server without adding anything to the CLASSPATH I get the following type of errors (repeated for many different classes):

“The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
    Exception raised:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: weblogic.management.descriptors.ejb11.ApplicationConfigurationMBean”

When I add the jars containing these classes to the CLASSPATH, however, I get the following new errors:

“EJB Deployment: Alert cannot be redeployed while the server is running. AlertBean is located in the server’s classpath.”

So it seems I am damned if I do and damned if I don’t in regard to having these classes in the CLASSPATH. On thing to note, I used Bedrock to create this domain and I’m not sure if this could be the cause of my problems.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong here? Thanks for any help you can provide.

#196405 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Typically with WebLogic portal, you add the additional portal archives to the classpath, on the appropriate preference page for the WebLogic connector. Then, you keep all of your stuff in your EAR or whatever. WebLogic has a restriction that it can’t redeploy something that is on the main classpath. However, only WebLogic jars and the portal jars should be there. All your stuff should be in EAR’s or the like and should be redeployable as a result.

What is AlertBean? One of yours or one of WebLogic’s?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196407 Reply

Actually the AlertBean was a bad example because I was just copying and pasting out of another guy’s post (who was having the same problem) from another site. Here is an actual example of the errors I am getting – they all seem to be from the standard WebLogic Portal classes – not my stuff:

“43:38 PM EDT> <Warning> <EJB> <010001> <EJB Deployment: PropertySetManager cannot be redeployed while the server is running. com.bea.p13n.property.internal.PropertySetManagerImpl is located in the server’s classpath.> ”

So it sounds like these portal jars should be added to the classpath – if so how does one prevent this type of problem? Thanks a lot for your help.

#196409 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Actually, this is just a warning and should prove much of a problem. The only reason you really need to redeploy is because of code changes, and you won’t be changing the portal code.

The easiest way to find out what the proper startup configuraiton is is to look at the startup script provided by WebLogic and ensure that you put the same jars in the same places on the paths within the preferences pages within MyEclipse

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Classpath issues using WebLogic 7.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in